“OK”

Travelodge Walla Walla
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed September 16, 2009

Older place...like all Travelodges I've experienced. Easy walk to downtown. Easy access to Whitman College. Fairly quiet. Minimal breakfast in the morning, but adaquete. Didn't use it, but the outdoor swimming pool area was clean.

Rooms not as clean as they should be...a few "crumbs" on the floor and a cobweb behind the door. We were in one room one night and another the second night and in each room there was a lamp with a bulb burned out.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eraser

Reviewed July 11, 2009

we stayed 2 nights here to explore the area. The location is perfect for walking downtown(to the tasting rooms) and to a great park with beautiful large trees. The AC didn't work in the first room we were given and my husband got a different room before we got out suitcases in the door. It was relatively quiet(given that it was the 4th of July weekend!) and we look forward to a return visit in the Fall when the weather in the area is more to our liking! It was a good deal for the budget rate we paid.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank webshaf
Reviewed May 18, 2009

This hotel wasn't too objectionable. The room was adequate, clean, quiet and reasonably comfortable... except for the bed which was sagging in the middle. I also got a crink in my neck from the hard pillow. Funny thing was, the owner was cleaning the pool when we got there and was dumping the contents of the filter over the fence onto the sidewalk! The location is a couple of blocks from the downtown core and one block from a really good breakfast restaurant (Clampett's - or something like that.) I would stay there again if it weren't for the uncomfortable bed, even though the place is a little shabby and in need of some sprucing up - tile work and so forth.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ilovejgg
Reviewed January 29, 2009

This was truly horrible. The other reviews are very accurate. We arrived late and checked in. They did not have the heat on in the room and it was aboslutely freezing. I would not let my daughter walk around without her shoes and the room was fairly dirty as well as the entire complex.

We were there for a college visit and really had a very poor experience.

Not much to say to add to the other reviews, but I would never stay here.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I booked this through Entertainment. In the meantime, my father had a heart attack and I cancelled the first night's stay. We went down the next night, but they still charged me for the first night even though I had explained to them that my father had a heart attack. Real sympathetic folks! They were not all there and I am going to complain to Entertainment. I'll never stay here again. They lost my business and I go to Walla Walla every year.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We had come into town for a friend's wedding, and decided to stay at the Travelodge because it was relatively affordable compared to the other hotels in town. There were a few reviews posted on Trip Advisor, and none of them seemed that bad so we decided to book a room. Big mistake.

First, when we entered the lobby to check in, no one was there to greet us for a couple minutes. When a woman finally showed up, she told us to hold on while she summoned a man to come tend to the front desk. The man came, asked our name and then handed us our room keys. He didn't even ask for photo ID! Anyone could have assumed our name and readily received keys to our room.

When we finally got to our room, the first thing we did was inspect it for cleanliness. The bathroom had various types of hair all over the floor and shower. The sheets on the bed had multiple stains on them. A few honestly looked like blood stains, another one like a large pool of urine. We immediately went back to the front desk and ask the clerk to have someone change our sheets. He seemed to take offense to this request, and then had the gall to tell us to go and show him where the stains were. No apologies, no offer to rectify the problem. Nothing. We had to lead him back down the hall and physically point out the disgusting stains. Even then there were no apologies or offer to discount our room rate. He simply said, "come back in 10 minutes".

Overall, the staff was unbelievably rude and unaccommodating. The rooms were dirty at best and you could hear right through the walls.

My recommendation... DO NOT STAY HERE. Even if it costs you $50 more per night, it will be worth the investment to avoid this unsanitary hotel and its rude staff.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 20, 2008

Two months before the event, I made a reservation at the Walla Walla Travelodge directly by telephone for a weekend wedding. The manager accepted my reservation, took our credit card number, and gave me a confirmation number.

I called the Travelodge the night before our drive to Walla Walla, to inquire about the coffee maker and was told by the desk clerk that there was no record of a reservation in my name. The clerk was reluctant to take down my confirmation number and insisted that I speak to the manager (‘tomorrow’). When I insisted on speaking with the manager immediately, he told me he would telephone the manager and that they would call me back when he arrived. Two hours later, when no one had called, I called again. The same clerk told me at first that the manager couldn’t come, then told me he was driving over. Again, he promised that they would call back as soon as the manager arrived. Another two hours passed. I called again and, this time, no one answered. It was now midnight and, in a panic, I made an alternative reservation at another hotel.

Travelodge customer service was able to “pull the arrivals list” and find our reservation. My first and last names had been transposed on the list. They had to intervene for us with the local manager to prevent him from charging us for a late cancellation.

To make matters worse, the parents of the groom attempted to leave a welcome basket for us at the desk and were treated poorly by the desk clerk and the manager.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple