“Great stay & cheap”
Review of Capri Motel

Capri Motel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I recently had a job interview in Walla Walla & decided to stay the night before to get a fresh start in the morning. I read the reviews for the Capri on TripAdvisor.com & called the property. What a great decision! Not only were the people friendly & helpful but the room was super clean & bed comfortable. The price was right & worth every penny & more. If you are looking for a no-frills motel this is the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank 1224beav

Reviewed July 14, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Capri for two nights and had a great stay. I booked the motel after reading the first review, visited the website and then decided to book it. Keep in mind please that this motel is a budget motel. we paid $48 per night for a queen room.

Upon arrivng I did feel a little anxious, The motel is about 3/4 a mile away from the trendy downtown area in a residential/retail area. The motel outside itself is unremarkable, rooms that you can pull right in front of, pool etc....flowers are pretty, grounds well maintained.

Check in was very easy, the owners (?) were very friendly and gave us a few flyers of things to do in the area. We stayed in room #262 on the backside of the motel. The owner gave us that room saying that since we were on our bike we would appreciate the overhang from the roof. He was right. We were able to park right in front of the room plus our bike was covered. easy access to a hose as well so my husband could wash the bike. (provide your own towels though)

Our room was older, but not rundown and it was spotless! Ususally in a cheap motel you feel funny about walking barefoot on the carpet...not so here...no musty motel smell either. There is no hairdryer in the room or iron.I asked for extra pillows and towels for the pool which were cheerfully given.

I did not include a picture of the pool because the pool looks exactly like it is photographed on the website. Pool was very clean, not too much chlorine etc.....

Again...After staying in many other cookie cutter $100+ per night hotels, I am amazed at the great value .........This was only$48 per night, it was not fancy, but it was clean and provided everything we required for a weekend get away, comfortable bed, great water pressure in the shower , a couple places to eat within walking distance and with a fridge in the room we were able to enjoy a beverage on our little porch area. We would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank roadking07
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I did not stay at the Capri, but when I tried to make a reservation i was told that they had a room "on hold" that should be available the next day. She told me to "call back tomorrow" and there should be no problem.
She made it sound like the room would be definitely available for me.
The next day I called and I was told that they did not have a room for me. Very disappointing.
I would not have a problem with this if she had simply said "no rooms" right off the bat, or if she had said "call back tomorrow and we will see if there is availabilty", but instead she made it sound as if the room WOULD be available, when it wasn't.
This is bad business and I hope anybody reading this will not be fooled by the same false promises. The owners of the Capri motel sounded almost smug when they told me 'Sorry, we got nuthin". That was not appreciated.

Stayed: June 2008
Reviewed March 6, 2008

After reading terrible online reviews of the budget motels in Walla Walla, and not excited about paying $100+/night at the alternatives, as I expected to stay for a couple of weeks, I decided to just drive into town and look around to see what I could find. Driving east on Isaacs I spotted a huge CAPRI MOTEL sign and pulled in. Having stayed in some sleazy motels in the past, I was not expecting much and asked to see the room first. The owner cheerfully handed over the keys and the first thing I noticed when I walked into the room was NO MUSKY MOTEL SMELL!!. Clean, spacious, well lit, silent radiant heat from the baseboard provides warmth without drying out the air. FREE HIGH SPEED WIRELESS INTERNET(yeah, it works and it is FAST)!! fridge, microwave. extended cable TV. As far as budget hotel/motels in Walla Walla, I have to say this has got to be a best kept secret. The only inconvenience is that they dont have onsite laundromat but there is one a couple streets down next to an Albertsons. Usually when I go online to post a review, it is to warn about a miserable experience, but this time I am impressed enought to feel compelled to share a good experience.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank vagabondaddy