We drove into Walla Walla on a somewhat rainy night, looking for a hotel, and were lucky to see a review on the Marcus Whitman. From the street across from the service station where we filled up, it looked dark and not too promising. Around the other side, at their parking lot, it was much different. They offered us, two elderly ladies traveling alone, a "Manager's Special." When we went to our room, it turned out to be the most beautiful and luxurious two room suite you could imagine. What a surprise! We each had our own beautiful room, complete with TV, which was great because I wanted to watch Downton Abbey, and my sister wanted to go to sleep. On top of that, they offered us the use of a room on another floor where I could heat up some soup for our supper in the microwave. The next morning, a wonderful buffet breakfast was included with the unbelievable price of just $114.00 plus tax.
In California, we would have been fortunate to find a modest room for that price in most cities the size of Walla Walla.
I can't promise that everyone will get a price like that and a suite like that, and maybe we were just lucky to arrive on a night where their rooms were not filled, but it was an experience in a beautiful, historic hotel that we would not have missed, and we plan to try to return, even if the price is more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 through a community labor of love, The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center - named "2015 Hotel of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - is a downtown Walla Walla landmark where history and luxury intertwine. The property was fully renovated in 2001 and restored to its original grandeur, while adding modern updates to provide a truly luxurious experience for today's traveler. The full grounds include a 133-room hotel with luxury suites, a state-of-the art conference center featuring grand renaissance ballrooms, six on-site wine tasting rooms, and the award-winning The Marc Restaurant - recently named "Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - and The Vineyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marcus Whitman Hotel Walla Walla
- Marcus Whitman Hotel And Conference Center
- Marcus Whitman Walla