We recently visited the Marcus Whitman for a four night stay and our experience was very enjoyable. It's a lovely old hotel that has been restored yet has retained much of its earlier character and charm. The location is perfect for walking to the best restaurants and local winery tasting rooms.
Our Luxury Tower Suite location had been pre-assigned based on my earlier request and check in was both welcoming and efficient. Our suite was a corner room which afforded an extra window in the living room allowing additional light into the area. The very generous sized bedroom adjoined the bathroom which was spacious with a separate tub and large tile shower. We found all areas of the suite to be very clean. Amenities were of good quality.
The hot buffet breakfast which is included in the room rate, was very well done with a variety of offerings. The service in the restaurant and lounge was friendly and prompt on all occasions.
A highlight of our Walla Walla dining experiences was the Chef's Table offering in the hotel restaurant, The Marc. Chef Antonio consulted with us before our arrival to determine the direction he would pursue when creating our personal menu. The result was outstanding! We were seated in the kitchen area where we could watch the activity first hand plus had an opportunity to talk personally with the chef. It was an occasion we won't forget.
Overall, service from all staff was very good. Of particular note was my interaction with Jonathan, Front Office Manager, in advance of our stay. His attention to the detail of my request was thorough and resulted in a very pleasant stay. We would certainly return to the Marcus Whitman on our next trip to Walla Walla.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 through a community labor of love, The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center - named "2015 Hotel of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - is a downtown Walla Walla landmark where history and luxury intertwine. The property was fully renovated in 2001 and restored to its original grandeur, while adding modern updates to provide a truly luxurious experience for today's traveler. The full grounds include a 133-room hotel with luxury suites, a state-of-the art conference center featuring grand renaissance ballrooms, six on-site wine tasting rooms, and the award-winning The Marc Restaurant - recently named "Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - and The Vineyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marcus Whitman Hotel Walla Walla
- Marcus Whitman Hotel And Conference Center
- Marcus Whitman Walla