“Marcus Whitman Hotel is GREAT!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
GreenLeadersGold level
Pasco, Washington
“Marcus Whitman Hotel is GREAT!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2012

A friend and I spent this past weekend at the Marcus Whitman. I have stayed here a couple times, so I knew I was going to get first-class treatment.

The hotel itself is lovely, and it's located right in the heart of downtown Walla Walla, within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and wine bars. The rooms are very comfortable, and free Wifi is available.

The hotel is equipped with a decent workout room, and being an avid exerciser, I truly appreciated the workout facility. They have two treadmills, an elliptical machine and a weight circuit machine.

A wonderful breakfast is included with your stay, and I'm not talking continental breakfast! I'm talking eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits 'n gravy, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, homemade yogurt...I'm sure I'm missing a few things!!

Last, but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the wonderful staff. During this past visit, I was having some medical issues and wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the trip. That caused me to make several phone calls to the hotel. During one phone call, I tweaked the reservation; then called back the next day and tweaked it back to the original reservation. Other phone calls were made due to the fact it was an "event weekend" (Peter Frampton was performing that weekend) and I had several questions regarding their wonderful package deal that was available for this event weekend. I didn't always get the same person on the phone when I called, but I sure remember each and every person I talked to because they EACH stood out. I've stayed at many hotels in the past and have never been met with such friendly and accommodating service as I received at the Whitman from Jenna, Danielle, DaShari and Rosie. During the drive over, I made the comment to my friend that I simply MUST let the manager know how much I appreciated the service I received from his staff.

While checking in, I was greeted by a gentleman behind the reservation desk that was as friendly as the ladies I spoke with on the phone. That gentleman happened to be Jonathan, the manager of the hotel. That sure made my job easy because I was just about to ask for the manager to share with him my experience. It was refreshing to see such a hands-on manager!

So next time you make a trip to Walla Walla, make sure you stay at the Whitman!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Star, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

What an incredible experience we had here at the Whitman. From the moment we were greeted by Jonathan we were made to feel welcome and a part of the Marcus Whitman family. The staff superb, the food and drink were excellent and the room accommodations far surpassed what we expected. What a treat to be here. We will continue to come back to this establishment again and again. The Whitman understands customer service, quality, affordability, and class.

Room Tip: Talk to the staff..they will not lead you wrong.
Aloha Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

Been going to Walla Walla annually from Portland Oregon for wine tasting for years. Never even stepped foot in here because we had always heard it was stuffy and overpriced and that the food was horrible. All that may have been true in the past, we’re not sure? But we are here to tell you that we will be coming back and staying here from now on. And if we don’t lay our heads here we will be going to the Marc Restaurant for sure. Kudos to the new Chef in the Marc Restaurant from Denver, OMG. There is a lot of artesian hand crafted cooking going on here. Everything from the breakfast that features in house homemade yogurt to the in house smoker that smokes the bacon and sausage. I don’t even normally like sausage gravy but this stuff rocks! Dinner was equally stellar. Loved the pomegranate salad dressing on the house salad with thin crispy root vegetables sprinkled liberally on top. The mushroom stuffed chicken was awesome. Great attentive service.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

Awesome lounge and restaurant, great buffet breakfast. The staff was very friendly and service the best I have had in long time. The room was spacious, nicely decorated and very comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were here in June of 2011 and came back in March of 2012. We were very happy to see that Vanessa was still working here, in the lounge. She is one of the reasons we came back here and we did not regret it this time either. The service was excellent and no rooms for complaints. Make sure you ask for Vanessa!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2012

You can't train someone to be as outgoing and welcoming as Jonathan. He obviously was born with it ! While the hotel itself is a great attraction Jonathan adds a new dimension somewhat similar to " Cheers" where everybody knows your name. He is not phony or obsequious but comes across as sincere and genuinely wishing to be helpful. Gifts like Jonathan come along so seldom I know he will be a great success in his field and we wish him well

Condon, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2012

Our daughter was married in one of the beautiful ballrooms on March 17th. We spent the weekend and from the time we arrived to our departure, Edie Padden, Brent Herring and all of the staff were so accommodating and professional. They took care of every detail and allowed us to truly relax and enjoy this special occasion. The dinner reception took place there as well and the food was exceptional. We are still hearing from friends and family on how beautiful the setting was and how delicious the dinner was. Thank you to all at the Marcus-Whitman for giving our daughter her "dream" wedding!!!

Kevin & Eileen Potter

Room Tip: Our family and friends had numerous rooms throughout and each room was absolutely beautiful and comf...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends