A friend and I spent this past weekend at the Marcus Whitman. I have stayed here a couple times, so I knew I was going to get first-class treatment.
The hotel itself is lovely, and it's located right in the heart of downtown Walla Walla, within walking distance of many restaurants, shops and wine bars. The rooms are very comfortable, and free Wifi is available.
The hotel is equipped with a decent workout room, and being an avid exerciser, I truly appreciated the workout facility. They have two treadmills, an elliptical machine and a weight circuit machine.
A wonderful breakfast is included with your stay, and I'm not talking continental breakfast! I'm talking eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits 'n gravy, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, homemade yogurt...I'm sure I'm missing a few things!!
Last, but not least, I would be remiss if I didn't talk about the wonderful staff. During this past visit, I was having some medical issues and wasn't sure if I'd be able to make the trip. That caused me to make several phone calls to the hotel. During one phone call, I tweaked the reservation; then called back the next day and tweaked it back to the original reservation. Other phone calls were made due to the fact it was an "event weekend" (Peter Frampton was performing that weekend) and I had several questions regarding their wonderful package deal that was available for this event weekend. I didn't always get the same person on the phone when I called, but I sure remember each and every person I talked to because they EACH stood out. I've stayed at many hotels in the past and have never been met with such friendly and accommodating service as I received at the Whitman from Jenna, Danielle, DaShari and Rosie. During the drive over, I made the comment to my friend that I simply MUST let the manager know how much I appreciated the service I received from his staff.
While checking in, I was greeted by a gentleman behind the reservation desk that was as friendly as the ladies I spoke with on the phone. That gentleman happened to be Jonathan, the manager of the hotel. That sure made my job easy because I was just about to ask for the manager to share with him my experience. It was refreshing to see such a hands-on manager!
So next time you make a trip to Walla Walla, make sure you stay at the Whitman!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1928 through a community labor of love, The Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center - named "2015 Hotel of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - is a downtown Walla Walla landmark where history and luxury intertwine. The property was fully renovated in 2001 and restored to its original grandeur, while adding modern updates to provide a truly luxurious experience for today's traveler. The full grounds include a 133-room hotel with luxury suites, a state-of-the art conference center featuring grand renaissance ballrooms, six on-site wine tasting rooms, and the award-winning The Marc Restaurant - recently named "Restaurant of the Year" by the Washington State Wine Commission - and The Vineyard Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Marcus Whitman Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marcus Whitman Hotel And Conference Center
- Marcus Whitman Hotel Walla Walla
- Marcus Whitman Walla