“Don't Stay here!!”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Idaho
“Don't Stay here!!”
Reviewed December 22, 2010

After years of staying at the Vineyard Hotel, our last trip was a disaster. Our last night in the room we were awakened about 1:15a. with fighing, foul lauguage, crying, knocking in the room next to us. I called the front desk to take care of the matter. After about 45 minutes they finally quieted down. Upon check out later that morning, I asked to have the room for free the last night. A nice young lady at the front desk said she couldn't do that, but gave me the managers card and days and times to call her.
After 4 days I finally got to speak with the manager, was that ever a "more horrible" experience than the fightning neighbors!! She chewed me up one side and down the other. Wondered why I hadn't called 911, what would I have done if someone got shot and was dead and accused me of financial gain over someone else's misfortune!! Anyway, I will never stay at the Walla Walla Vineyard Hotel again and would advise you the same....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank youandmeinidaho

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Ellensburg, Washington
Reviewed December 17, 2010

The pictures are very misleading. Perhaps these rooms were cleaned and well lit for the photo session, but they certainly don't look like that now. The room we stayed in was very dark...the curtains were filthy and the bath towels were stained. The tub was dirty and the showerhead was orange with rust. The walls are cinderblock and you can hear people talking across the street as if they were standing right outside your door. Unless you are absolutely broke just pay the extra 20 bucks for a quality room anywhere else!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank AaronJ4115

Travelers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Tri-Cities, WA
Reviewed November 6, 2010

This place was exactly what you'd expect for $47.. and for that price, I'm ok with all of the downfalls, of which there are many.

Electric baseboard heating.
Cinder block walls.
Old. Old. Old.
Horrible beds.

You get the picture. But again -- for the price, and the location, I'm willing to put up with a lot for an evening of wine tasting in Walla Walla.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed October 15, 2010

I read the reviews and before I unloaded the car, I searched the bed for bugs....there were none. The rooms were as clean as any other I've been in (not spotless, but for the price, ok.) We arrived earlier than expected and they let us go in early, which I really appreicated after driving straight through from So. Cal. The rooms were replenished daily. Some of the amenities were not available, but I wasn't there for that anyway. Neighbors were a little noisy, but you can't control that. For the price, it worked, location was wonderful. I would stay there again, with no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Patricia M
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have to admit that we stayed here because I waited too long to book a reservation and it was one of the only places left. However, I was pleasantly suprised with the place.

The rooms are dated and made of concrete block, very typical 70's Motel style, but you're getting what you pay for. It was quiet, the beds were comfortable and the location might be the best in town aside from the Marcus-Whittman. It's only a couple of blocks walk to a Safeway, multiple tasting rooms and pretty much any restaurant in the downtown area.

Quote from my wife "For what we're saving a night over the Marc, I can buy a couple bottles of nice wine and forget what the room looks like". Truer words were never spoken.

The parking lot is in an alley and the pool area does need some serious maintenance, but it was October when we stayed here, so it wasn't like we were using the pool. There's a bunch of good places to have breakfast in town, so we weren't eating their continental breakfast. Oh and like many other reviews the spa was out of order (again, didn't care).

If you're a jacket and tie kind of person you're not going to be happy here, but if you're looking for a place in the downtown area to lay your head at night it's a decent value for the price.

I also don't think they have any kind of internet available. Luckily the book store across the alley didn't have protection on their wireless.

Make sure your wife is cool if you're staying here for an anniversary because you're not gaining any style points on this place. I would pick it over the Travelodge a block away. It was cheaper and looked about the same quality-wise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel and had to check out because they did not clean our rooms for 2 nights. We were assigned another room on what would have been the third night but it was not made up either. At that point we checked out and found another hotel for less that was clean and updated for less money. Later I found out we were charged for the day we checked out. Contacted management several times and could not get them to issue a refund for the night we did not stay there. I could not even get the manager or district manager to return any phone calls. Overall, this place is trashy, old, misrepresents there quality level, and their landscaping is primarily weeds, etc. Also, the place feels cold and spooky.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cdkk10
Shoreline, Washington, USA
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I was not expecting a Hilton atmosphere, but simple things like lights that worked would have been nice. And they must have just completed a bug bomb as there were dead bugs in the bathroom. Sunflower nut shells on the floor, and cutains that looked like they were urinated on. I would pay the extra couple of dollars to stay someplace else next time. I will never go there again. Think twice before you stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business