“Not bad, great location”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Boise, Idaho
“Not bad, great location”
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I have to admit that we stayed here because I waited too long to book a reservation and it was one of the only places left. However, I was pleasantly suprised with the place.

The rooms are dated and made of concrete block, very typical 70's Motel style, but you're getting what you pay for. It was quiet, the beds were comfortable and the location might be the best in town aside from the Marcus-Whittman. It's only a couple of blocks walk to a Safeway, multiple tasting rooms and pretty much any restaurant in the downtown area.

Quote from my wife "For what we're saving a night over the Marc, I can buy a couple bottles of nice wine and forget what the room looks like". Truer words were never spoken.

The parking lot is in an alley and the pool area does need some serious maintenance, but it was October when we stayed here, so it wasn't like we were using the pool. There's a bunch of good places to have breakfast in town, so we weren't eating their continental breakfast. Oh and like many other reviews the spa was out of order (again, didn't care).

If you're a jacket and tie kind of person you're not going to be happy here, but if you're looking for a place in the downtown area to lay your head at night it's a decent value for the price.

I also don't think they have any kind of internet available. Luckily the book store across the alley didn't have protection on their wireless.

Make sure your wife is cool if you're staying here for an anniversary because you're not gaining any style points on this place. I would pick it over the Travelodge a block away. It was cheaper and looked about the same quality-wise.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel and had to check out because they did not clean our rooms for 2 nights. We were assigned another room on what would have been the third night but it was not made up either. At that point we checked out and found another hotel for less that was clean and updated for less money. Later I found out we were charged for the day we checked out. Contacted management several times and could not get them to issue a refund for the night we did not stay there. I could not even get the manager or district manager to return any phone calls. Overall, this place is trashy, old, misrepresents there quality level, and their landscaping is primarily weeds, etc. Also, the place feels cold and spooky.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank cdkk10

Travelers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Shoreline, Washington, USA
Reviewed September 26, 2010

I was not expecting a Hilton atmosphere, but simple things like lights that worked would have been nice. And they must have just completed a bug bomb as there were dead bugs in the bathroom. Sunflower nut shells on the floor, and cutains that looked like they were urinated on. I would pay the extra couple of dollars to stay someplace else next time. I will never go there again. Think twice before you stay there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Goldendale
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My wife and i had to go to Walla Walla for an exam at the VA facility. I called several other motels, all were booked. I called the Walla Walla Vineyard Inn and the very nice woman who answered told me to come, even though we would arrive very late. Peggy Dorsey, the night receptionist said I needed no reservation, she would find us a room.
We arrived at nearly midnight and Peggy greeted me as an old friend. I'm a disabled senior and a smoker, Peggy got us a very nice room with two queen size beds on the ground floor. The room was nice size, well appointed with cable TV, a full coffee set up with pot, a hair dryer, ironing board and steam iron, plenty of towels and wash cloths, and an extra pillow. There is a nice pool, a sauna, a work-out room, hot-tub spa, and a descent continental breakfast from 7-9 AM. There are meeting rooms and other business facilities. The Inn is on Main St. which is the main street through town and is just two blocks from the heart of the city. There are many good restaurants, bistros, and cafes within walking distance, plus shops, museums, wine tasting rooms, all very close to the Inn.
The General Manager, Dena Turner greeted us as we were checking out, asking for any problems she and her staff should look into. The only real problem was the lack of inter-net in the room. I told her that we would recommend the Inn to all of the people we know who go to Walla Walla. The Inn is not a "star" type of facility, however, any traveler or business person needing a place to stay in Walla Walla will not find a better place for the money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Morose receptionist. Asked for nonsmoking, arrived to stale smoke odors. Three squares of toilet paper with no extra in room. TV broken-called for repair. Repair never came. Light bulbs out. Dead bugs on bathroom floor. Freezing cold pool. Hot tub still out of service. Paid $75/night. Worth maybe $25/ night. Awesome location, but terrible inn.

• Stayed September 2010
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed July 27, 2010

We recently stayed at the Walla Walla Vineyard Inn (aka Hotel Hell, Dante's Inferno). Where to begin?? We arrived mid afternoon on a fairly hot day. We were instructed to turn left at the end of the Office to find parking for our room. What we found was a dirty alleyway with parking stripes. YIKES!! Told my family to make sure they took all of their valuables out of the car, just in case! We went upstairs to our room, opened the door and were greeted with a blast of very hot air. Long story short, the A/C still had not cooled the room down to a sleepable level at midnight, and we had to go to the front desk (down the skanky alleyway) to obtain a fan.

Ok, enough about the 1970's, I mean our room. Let me tell you about the rest of the facility. The pictures on the internet are similar to an old, fat, white guy putting his high school senior picture on his online dating page. The grass has not been this green since probably 1992, and the hedges have not been trimmed in quite some time also. The pool is being filled by tap water from a glacier. Once we froze our personals off in the pool, we went to warm up in the "Hot Tub"! Well there was a note on the "Warm Tub" that the bubbles were not working quite properly yet, so please do not touch the on switch under the sign. So, if you wanted to use the "Warm Tub" at all, you were limited to lukewarm bathwater with absolutely no movement at all. You need to sit in there and move your hands under the water to see any substantial bubbles.

All in all, I am tired of reliving my terrible stay over the weekend. I overrode my daughter's reservation to stay here and was taking crap all weekend for my "High Standards" in my vacation accomodations! Please do not stay here until the Walla Walla County Health Department signs off on the "expected renovations". Money poorly spent and you will be kicking yourself (and others around you) because of the experience.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Dalry, Scotland
Reviewed April 9, 2010

My room was a basic cinder-block unit but clean, comfortable and well appointed with everything I needed. This was excellent value for money and I would not hesitate to stay here again.
Sandra