“The Good, the Bad, and the UGLY!”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed July 8, 2012

The GOOD.... The employees are nice and helpful, it is relatively quiet, good quiet heater, and the location is very good for city, ballpark, and college. The BAD...The place was old and dirty, I would be embarrassed to donate the pictures to goodwill, the shower was a mix of calking, mildew, 1070's linoleum, and left over hairs. While I took my tentative shower, the water temperature changed many times. There was only english muffins left at 7:45am and I was glad, so I did not have a reason to eat anything here. Coffee was so bad, my wife spit it out. Windows looked very dirty. The UGLY... a brown present was left in our toilet. Very gross. There was a very disturbing stain left on the drapes, not sure if it was blood or milkshake. I suggest bringing a sleeping bag and sleeping on top of covers if you have to stay here. Even the roof and grounds are bad. Can you say tear down? I don't even think Hotel Impossible would take this one on> I gave it poor rating because the location was so good and the staff was very good, but it was hard to click it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank MAVENTRIPPER
Management response:Responded July 10, 2012

Thank you for posting your review. It tells us what we're doing right and where we need to improve. I will definately let house keeping know where they need to improve. Should you ever be in Walla Walla again, please give us another try.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I ended up making a mistake on my booking for at The Hampton Inn and this was one of the few motels that had available space. This motel has seen better days. The furnishings are worn and stained but the linens were clean. Our room also had a mini-fridge. The front desk is moderately helpful and the motel provides free Wi-Fi. Breakfast is very basic with bagels, english muffins, oranges and juice. The hotel has a nice little pool.

Near the center of town and very close to restaurants and a super market.

For the "list" price this could be considered a reasonable stay but I can usually find hotels/motels in this price range on Hotwire which have substantially nicer accomodations. So only if you're in a pinch...

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard D
Reviewed June 24, 2012

The room was disgusting sheets smelled horrible, and housekeeping has sticky fingers I left my daughters Innotab on the microwave left to go run some errands came back and noticed housekeeping had came and noticed her "my pad" aka Innotab was gone called front desk and was told to call back tomorrow?? REALLY!!! So upset!! I will never return!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2012

When we walked into our room, the curtains were closed and the ac was off. It was about 95 degrees in the room and it REAKED of cigarette smoke. The refridgerator doord was open and dirty towels were laying in to with hair on them. There was hair in the sink. The coffee pot had residue in it. There was a VERY dirty towel laying beside one of the beds on the floor. When trying to use the microwave, it started sparking. There was only 1 washcloth, 1 handtowel and 2 bath towels. DO NOT stay at this hotel. The floor was so dirty that we wouldn't take our shoes off. I wouldn't be surprised if there were bed bugs. When I complained to the manager and asked for a refund, he was very grouchy with me and said "I'll see what I can do".

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Janelle K
Reviewed May 1, 2012

This was an "Ok" place to stay. I thought the price was a bit high for what I got though. My room was in desperate need of a face lift and the carpet was stained. I looked under the bed and it was filthy! The bed was comfortable though and it looked like the sheets were clean. I let the front desk know my concerns but it seemed they didn't really care nor offered me a discount.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Msphoebe77
Reviewed October 20, 2011

I booked this hotel for a weekend based on its location and price. It wasn't till later that I read the reviews and had second throughts. But, my husband and I have always viewed hotels as just a place to sleep, and heck - we travel regularly to 3rd-world countries, so I figured we could handle it. And you know what? It was fine. A little worn, a little dated, some spots on the carpet, sure. But everything in the room was clean, worked properly and the bed was quite comfortable. Excellent water pressure in the shower, btw! We didn't take advantage of the fitness center or pool, so I can't comment on those, but the room itself was fine. We paid a bargain rate and we got a decent place to stay - not much to complain about there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tootfoot
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I booked a room for two nights for my anniversary and my birthday. The pictures looked real nice and I got the room for a screaming deal. When I got there I was surprised by the appearance of the front lobby, dirty and cluttery..nothing like the pictures. They have free WIFI, but you have to sit in the lobby to access it, not very convenient. I went to my room and was so disgusted by the carpet. There were stains from one wall to the other, not just a spot here and there but the entire carpet was one big stain. I refused to take my shoes off. I called the front desk and asked to be moved to another room because of the carpet. I was told, "it is just stained". But I got a different room and was a little happier. The carpets were clean. The shower head could not be adjusted, the water came out in a solid stream. It appears the coffee pot was not washed, just rinsed. I washed it out and it came clean. The next day our coffee and cups were not replenished. This hotel is in a great location. It needs someone to buy it and fix it up. It would be a great place if that happened.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with clean carpets.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Zappahey
DenaTurner, Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Walla Walla, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Thank you for posting a review. Our guests tell us what we're doing right and what we we need to improve on. I'm sorry that the desk clerk didn't give you a better answer than "it's just a stain", as we have rooms that the carpet isn't stained in. In the future if you're in the area, please give us another try. Again, thank you for posting a review