“Great place for the price!”

Motel 6 Walla Walla
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Winlock, Washington
“Great place for the price!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here in June 2012 w/our house dog (120lb Yellow lab). He is our baby and travels w/us every wear, it is sometimes hard to find a hotel. They allowed us to bring our over sized baby at $10 a day. They were very friendly and the breakfast was wonderful. We will stay here again, very soon!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank You Very Much.See You Again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Whenever we visit Walla Walla, this is where we stay. We have family in Walla Walla and we visit regularly and this was my wife's home town, so we know it well. We've been staying at this particular hotel for years and have seen it evolve to its present state, with a new addition and a recent name change. It's clean, affordable, and offers amenities like fridges, microwaves, hair dryers, etc., in the room. There's also wi-fi and a modest breakfast included. One important tip: instead of booking the hotel through an internet booking site, call the hotel's direct number (509-529-4410) and get a much better price!!

Room Tip: We like second floor rooms in the newer section.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bart B
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Spokane, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Wanted just a one night deal for a little get away. Booked this because it was only a block from down town. I was a first timer and they upgraded me to one of their new rooms for free. Great deal. Room was nice size with a king bed, love seat and coffee table. 32 Inch flat screen, large desk with separate chair. For the price, I don't think you could find anything nicer. Didn't see the older rooms, but this was super. Clean, modern and there is even a nice little pool that was very welcome on a hot summer day. Will stay there again in a heartbeat. Forgot, it also had a small fridge and microwave. Nice.Thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank David L
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We ended up staying here as my group was having a meeting and everything else was booked. It was very convenient location to the Marcus Whitman conference center and all of downtown. The room was very clean and had no detectable odor. I had read the reviews ahead of time and requested the back section, but was charged a higher price ($10 per night) for this. We had fridg, micro, TV, iron & tabletop ironing board. The hairdryer did not get hot when I used it the first morning, but the office brought another one right away. Everything else worked fine, including wifi. I never used the pool, it was small and in the front next to the main street but looked clean and other prople used it. One thing I missed (that I expect to have) was a coffeemaker in the room. The office did offer a "so-called" continental breakfast (7am - 9am)and this was the biggest disapointment. One 3-tiered tray with mini-muffins, balloon bread, and frozen toaster waffles and a toaster, a basket of apples that looked like they came from someone's backyard tree, coffee and watery OJ. Nothing else. After the first day we walked a few blocks to the grocery store for fruit and yougurt.

Room Tip: Ask for the back section, it has been remodeled.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Walla Walla offers a limited choice if you're on a budget. I tried to get into Colonial Inn but they were full so I tried Budget Inn. Last time we were in WW we stayed at Comfort Inn and were impressed. But this time I'm traveling alone so I figured I'd try to save some money. I got a good price at the Budget Inn, about $61/night with a AAA discount. However...it's not a particularly memorable place to stay.

Building Layout: From the moment you arrive you know you're at a very basic hotel with the classic 60's motel layout. Pretty depressing. The rooms only have windows overlooking the parking lot. There's a swimming pool in the parking lot the size of a large bathtub. Why did I book this place?

Reception: The front desk was managed by an elderly gentleman from overseas (South Asia, a part of the world I've lived in and traveled for many years) who didn't understand much of what I said except when I said anything involving money, and then he had sharp ears. Basically I asked, within 60 seconds of arrival, being depressed by the overall appearance, I told the fellow I might just stay one night instead of 3, and suddenly he was adamant that I had to stay all three nights. I told him I thought Budget Inn's website offered more flexibility in this regard and he pretended not to understand me, but later it was clear he did, and resorted to "you have to ask the manager." So I asked, "who is the manager and when will he come in?" Reply "I don't know." I suspect he was the manager, or maybe his son, as I saw a younger gentleman who could have passed for the elderly man's son at the front desk the following day. However, I did not revisit the issue as after I got to my room I double checked the other hotels and found them full (it was Whitman College Orientation week, so of course everything was full).

Room Layout: As noted above, the rooms each have only one window, overlooking the parking lot, and next to the walkway people take to their room. So, if you're in your room and open the curtain to get any sort of sun light, you lose all privacy, as anyone walking by will have a clear view inside your room (whether upstairs or downstairs). You know, all they need to do add a lace inner curtain so occupants can draw the lace curtain only during the day and get natural light and privacy, but no such luck at this hotel. Beyond that feature, the room is okay for space. I got a room with a queen bed and the layout is functional.

- Best Features: 1) The room was clean, and I give high marks for this. In fact, its probably the best quality of the hotel, and if I given more than 1 star, it's to honor the cleaning staff at this hotel. 2) The air conditioner works. 3) There is a working refrigerator (which is empty). 4) There is a working microwave. 5) There is a flat screen TV though I never watched it so have to assume it was working. 6) The room comes with a iron and ironing board, which I didn't need, but thought was a useful inclusion. 7) No highway noise -- decent location on the street so you're not next to a major highway like I suspect might be a problem for Super 8 (though it looks like Super 8 gives you windows front and back, so hey, maybe its not so bad). 8) Internet connect that works--I did some skype calls for work with no problem. 9) A table and chair that worked find for a work station. 10) Cleaning staff didn't muck around with my plates and bowls -- I set them out on a towel after washing with a "please do not touch" sign and the cleaning staff honored the sign.

- Worst Features: 1) window layout as mentioned before. 2) The room smells of "air freshener" which in fact I didn't like but you know, you end up getting used to even though you don't really want to. 3) The toilet space is cramped--I'm a normal, some what small fellow and it was cramped for me. 4) No utensils for cooking in the microwave--neither ingredients nor microwaveable cups for making coffee or tea. I ended up buying a microwaveable cup at safeway 4 blocks away.

OVERALL: Yes, it's a pretty depressing place by my standards, but it was CLEAN and if you can stand living in a cave like environment in the evenings, it's a functional place for the intrepid traveler. Would I stay here again? Probably I'd avoid it if I could, and probably would pay more and stay some place better. But if I had to do it again, such as to save so money, at least I can say it's not terrible, and pretty functional, and yes, the cleaning staff do deserve good marks.

Room Tip: My room was 204 (upstairs) and relatively close to the office which might account for the good inter...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Seattle, WA
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here the weekend of 7/27-29th and found a very clean room with free HBO and wireless internet, air conditioning, and micro/fridge. (There were other amenities too, but those are the ones that matter to us). The room was in the back half of the place, on the top floor. We enjoyed being right in town, and walking everywhere from our hotel. The most impressive part though, was when I left some things in our closet upon leaving and I didn't realize it until 2 days later. I called the hotel and the staff was very understanding and mailed my things to me! That in itself was especially valuable (and hard to find among hotels these days). We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the top floor, as this structure is older and if you are a sensitive sleeper you may hear ot...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ClearyPhoto
danny p, Manager at Motel 6 Walla Walla, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
thank tou see you again.
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We stayed here the middle of June and got what we paid for. We were satisfied with our stay that time. However one month later, they charged 60.00 to our Credit Card. This is my first time dealing with fraud- what our CC company called it. Highly recommend checking your credit card statements if you have stayed here in the last month- THINK TWICE about giving them your Credit Card information

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family