“It was fine.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Walla Walla
Martinez, CA
“It was fine.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2010

I am happy to give any room that smells nice an extra star or two! There is nothing I hate more than a smelly room like the one I had at the Days Inn last night in Bend. The smell just makes me feel dirty.

The room was nicely done but needed a little updating. It was a quiet room and spacious. The hot tub wasn't all that hot and that was disappointing since I went to the humiliation of buying a new suit before our trip to Wally World.

The dead bolt didn't work in the room. The iron worked very nicely tho. There were plastic cups instead of glass ones. I skipped the coffee after having some of yesterday's poisonous motel room coffee. Check in was a breeze and was handled very efficiently by the young man at the front desk.

The bed and linens were quite nice and I liked the fluffiness of the towels.

Breakfast was typical: hard boiled eggs, make it yourself waffles, cereal, fruit and juices. Definitely did the trick and saved a trip to another stop before we headed out for the wedding we were there to attend.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Washington State
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2010

Got our room for $63 on Priceline. The room was very, very basic, but exceptionally clean. Served our purposes just fine. My daughter visited Whitman College, while I hung out at La Quinta and read Vanity Fair. If you need a non-luxury room, this fits the bill.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Washington State
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

Most La Quinta Hotels are fairly nice however, this one seems to be built on a poor budget. I live nearby but I wanted to stay just for fun to get away for a night because I love to stay in hotels. The hotel itself isn't that bad, but what makes it bad is the location, it is situated next to the railroad tracks so the room I ended up with unfortunately had a smashing view of them. The other not so nice aspect of this hotel is how awfully thin the walls are combined with the fact that the doors to the rooms have no molding around them so there is about a 1 1/2-2" gap between it and the floor, therefore, you hear every little sound. All I heard during the night was people talking and walking about so if you stay here, you should consider disregarding sleep as a hotel amenity. I'm sure for around the same price or maybe a little more, you could consider staying next door at the Best Western, it appears to have gotten better reviews than this La Quinta.

• Stayed January 2010
Hawaii
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

Very thin walls/ceilings/floors- I knew when the people above me got up, when they went to the bathroom, when they showered because that is all I could hear above me the whole time, along with them pacing/walking back and forth. First, checked in the room, dirty towels were left in the bathroom. Moved rooms hoping it would be more quieter, didn't matter still noisy and heard everything above me still along with a dirty bucket of water and a sponge left in the bathtub, dirty room and very unsat. Got no rest and worst stay ever in a hotel. Fitness center consisted of nothing but 3 machines, get some real workout equipment and make it into a small gym. Wouldn't recommend especially for the price they charge.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

Zillah WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2010

My sister and I stayed at the Walla Walla, WA, La Quinta last weekend. We hadn't been in the area for years, and found this hotel quite easily since it's right off of the freeway. The check in staff was friendly, the hotel and room were clean. Upon retiring for the night, we were excited to see how comfortable the beds were. I have a lot of back pain, and I didn't wake up feeling stiff and sore. Since it was so quiet, actually slept in two extra hours. The pillows were very fluffy and full too.

In the morning, we were pleasantly greeted by "Kathy" who was manning the breakfast area. The menu had many selections that would fit any diet. Which is nice, since cereal alone doesn't really cut it. Even after I accidentally exploded a hard boiled egg in the microwave, Kathy was all smiles and cleaned it up quickly like it was no big deal.

I would most definitely stay here again. I have, and will continue to recommend it to anyone who is passing through the area!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2010

I've stayed at many La Quinta's throughout the country and was surprised to find that this was not your typical LaQuinta - and not in a good way. It was clearly built as something other than a La Quinta - it's pretty old .

There are notes EVERYWHERE asking you to rate them a "10" on the review LQ emails out.
It's far from a 10.

Carpets - need a good vaccuuming in the hallways.

Rooms - overall, fine but there were holes in the shower curtain! Wierd.
To use the microwave you have to unplug either the fridge or the tv. Wierd.

Breakfast - super mediocre. Ran out by 8:30 am.

I did like that the window opened!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FlagstaffMax
The Rose City, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

My daughter and I visited Walla Walla for the first time this past weekend [17 Jan. 2010]. We stayed with a friend of a friend near the college, but they have cats (we didn’t know that) and my daughter’s allergy induced asthma kicked in to the point of needing to take her to the local Emergency Room at 3 am. The ER doc strongly suggested we not go back there to sleep, so at 5 am we drove around foggy Walla Walla looking for a place to stay. One place wouldn’t answer the night bell. One place said “No!” to every question thru the intercom no matter what my question. And, GET THIS: the Best Western said, AND I QUOTE: “I can’t give you a room at this hour. Come back at 3 pm when it’s time for check in.” I explained that my daughter had a severe allergic reaction to the cats in the home where we were guests, that we could NOT return there to sleep, and that we needed a room because we’d just come from the hospital emergency room. He repeated that he could not give us a room at 5 o’clock in the morning and that we’d have to check in, like everybody else, after 3 pm. We sat in the car in the fog in the parking lot and tried to think of how we could sleep in IT. I never felt so alone and defeated. I was thinking, aren’t hotels and motels in the business of renting rooms to people regardless of the hour? What does it matter, REALLY, what time it is? It’s not like they had “No Vacancy” which would have been an entirely different matter. It was La Quinta who said, “Oh-my-Sure! We’ve got a room for you. No problem. Would you prefer one king or two queens?” and in minutes we were in bed asleep after quite a harrowing night, especially for my daughter--- who was in such distress from not being able to breathe that at the hospital they took one look at her and whisked her back inside the emergency room so fast I had to trot to follow them in. Thank you LaQuinta! You can be sure I’ll be telling THIS story to every friend, co-worker, and relative for the next three months. Best Western better take another look at their corporate policies. We are so grateful to LaQuinta in Walla Walla. They deserve our repeat business, to my way of thinking….

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family