“Acceptable accomodations”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Reviewed August 15, 2006

I recently stayed for 3 nights while visiting friends in the area. The first room I was given was on the 1st floor which is more like a basement. I found it to be claustrophobic. I returned to the desk to request another floor. I was told the hotel was fully booked but after a brief hesitation I was moved to the 3rd floor. There is no elevator. That room was clean but smelled a little funny because the wall airconditioning unit was on full blast. Once I turned it off and opened the windows the odor disappeared and the room was fine.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Vvgood

Reviewed July 23, 2006

After staying at the LaQuinta in Caldwell,ID, we traveled here and asked to be booked here through my travel agency at work. When I arrived I was told they only had one King bed room left and they had shampooed the carpet and closed it up. Needless to say the desk clerk said it smelled musty and bad, she apologized and after claiming, "I wouldn't stay in there!", she upgraded up for the same price to the King suite with a jacuzzi tub, regularly $129 a night. The tub was just what I needed after driving 5 hours and the bed was so comfortable and soft! I slept like a baby!
Don't pay any attention to the bad reviews, the expectations may not have been realistic! I expect good customer service and a clean, comfortable room as I travel about 80-90 days a year. I got that here at the LaQuinta, Walla Walla.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank jb7056
Reviewed May 2, 2006

I stayed here April 28-29 2006. The bad: I had booked two queen size beds and got a queen size bed and sleeper. I was compensated for the mix up but becasue the hotel was full I did not get what I wanted.
The good: the room was very roomy with a dinning area. The one bed was comfortable. I had no problems with noise. It was a dog show weekend so the hotel was full of dogs. I had a dog and there was room to exercise my dog.
I pulled up at the front door and unloaded my car and used the luggare carrier with no problems. I had dog crates and luggae.
The breakfast was biscuits and gravy, waffles, pasties, ceral , toast, fresh fruit and juice was fine for me. Everything was replenished and looked cleaned and fresh.In the eve I went to the lobby, and got cookies and tea.
My stay was not bad, the room was fine. I never got to the pool area. I also wished the depot was open for dinner but not until June.
I would go back again.

• Stayed: May 2006
3  Thank Dogtrekker
Reviewed March 6, 2006

For about three months last summer, I commuted to Walla Walla from Tacoma on a weekly basis. I stayed at this hotel one night. That was enough for me. I usually stayed at the Marcus Whitman or Best Western. One night both of those were full, so I reserved a room here for the week. After one night, I knew I could not return for a second. I packed my bags and left, calling later in the day to cancel the remainder of my stay.

The bed was the hardest of any bed I have ever slept on in my life (and I'm a boater). I quite seriously considered sleeping on the floor because I thought it might be softer. The television didn't work properly (I dont recall why), and there was no internet access whatsoever. The breakfast buffet was messy with sub-par food.

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay that probably won't give you hepatitis, this is the place for you. Otherwise, spend the extra few dollars for the Best Western, right next door, or the extra twenty for the Whitman, a block closer to town.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank nwmariner
Management response:Responded May 8, 2006

Thank you for staying at the La Quinta in Walla Walla, WA. and for filling out the tripadvisor form. We strive to completely satisfy every guest.
The comment indicated that you were not satisfied with our hotel. We are looking for ways to improve our hotel and would appreciate any feedback. You indicated that you would not stay with us again.
We would like to offer you a 20% coupon and hope to have you stay with us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I would greatly appreciate your input on how we can make our proprty satisfactory to you.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Secerely,

Lisandra Valencia

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 11, 2005

Be warned, the hotel has a basement which has rooms. We got the basement. Yuck... The rooms were dark and foreboding...the sound from upstairs was distracting. The breakfast was typical. I'm not sure the hotel deserves a single star...

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We traveled through Walla Walla with 2 small kittens and booked the La Quinta as the Marcus Whitman Hotel was out of pet friendly rooms. I am a smoker, but this room smelled horrible like very stale cigars. The room was tiny and all of them have the old fashioned window box a/c units that remind me of an old single wide trailer. The upstairs rooms may have been better, no constand pounding of people's footsteps at 2-3 AM and again at 6 AM... It did have a fridge and microwave, but for the $76.50 "special rate", I would never stay here again, we were grateful we were passing through and only had one night here --- Off to John Day and the Best Western, then the 5th Avenue Suites in Portland, so hoping things are looking up!

• Stayed: September 2005
2  Thank thecatsmeow
Reviewed May 17, 2005

The most uncomfortable queen size bed in the country!
Right beside an ice machine- so when anyone got ice or the machine needed to make ice we got noise. There was a tour group there for the Balloon Stampede Weekend so there was no seats available in the breakfast room. No elevator.

• Stayed: May 2005