“Horribly uncomfortable bed. Noisy room.”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Walla Walla
Tacoma, WA
“Horribly uncomfortable bed. Noisy room.”
Reviewed March 6, 2006

For about three months last summer, I commuted to Walla Walla from Tacoma on a weekly basis. I stayed at this hotel one night. That was enough for me. I usually stayed at the Marcus Whitman or Best Western. One night both of those were full, so I reserved a room here for the week. After one night, I knew I could not return for a second. I packed my bags and left, calling later in the day to cancel the remainder of my stay.

The bed was the hardest of any bed I have ever slept on in my life (and I'm a boater). I quite seriously considered sleeping on the floor because I thought it might be softer. The television didn't work properly (I dont recall why), and there was no internet access whatsoever. The breakfast buffet was messy with sub-par food.

If you're looking for a cheap place to stay that probably won't give you hepatitis, this is the place for you. Otherwise, spend the extra few dollars for the Best Western, right next door, or the extra twenty for the Whitman, a block closer to town.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank nwmariner
, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2006
Thank you for staying at the La Quinta in Walla Walla, WA. and for filling out the tripadvisor form. We strive to completely satisfy every guest.
The comment indicated that you were not satisfied with our hotel. We are looking for ways to improve our hotel and would appreciate any feedback. You indicated that you would not stay with us again.
We would like to offer you a 20% coupon and hope to have you stay with us again.
Please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I would greatly appreciate your input on how we can make our proprty satisfactory to you.
Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Secerely,

Lisandra Valencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Reviewed December 11, 2005

Be warned, the hotel has a basement which has rooms. We got the basement. Yuck... The rooms were dark and foreboding...the sound from upstairs was distracting. The breakfast was typical. I'm not sure the hotel deserves a single star...

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Walla Walla hotels

seattle
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We traveled through Walla Walla with 2 small kittens and booked the La Quinta as the Marcus Whitman Hotel was out of pet friendly rooms. I am a smoker, but this room smelled horrible like very stale cigars. The room was tiny and all of them have the old fashioned window box a/c units that remind me of an old single wide trailer. The upstairs rooms may have been better, no constand pounding of people's footsteps at 2-3 AM and again at 6 AM... It did have a fridge and microwave, but for the $76.50 "special rate", I would never stay here again, we were grateful we were passing through and only had one night here --- Off to John Day and the Best Western, then the 5th Avenue Suites in Portland, so hoping things are looking up!

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank thecatsmeow
Bellingham, Washington
Reviewed May 17, 2005

The most uncomfortable queen size bed in the country!
Right beside an ice machine- so when anyone got ice or the machine needed to make ice we got noise. There was a tour group there for the Balloon Stampede Weekend so there was no seats available in the breakfast room. No elevator.

• Stayed May 2005
Reviewed April 11, 2005

Despite the fact the hotel amenities advertised on the website, our room did not have a fridge or microwave which resulted in us having to throw out food we had brought. The parking lot was down a hill accessible by stairs so bringing up luggage, (no luggage racks available), was an ordeal. Then to make it worse our room was down 2 sets of stairs, with no elevator. The room was bleak, barren, dark, and dungeon like with one small window high up on the wall. Customer service was non-existent. Soundproofing also must have been non-existent because the people on floor above us were having conversations that we could hear through our ceiling. The only positive about this motel was the pool and hot tub area were nice and well maintained. For the price I paid I have stayed at the nicest motels in the country. May I just say NEVER AGAIN!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 19, 2004

Don't do it. Though this is a relatively small market, it must not be very competitive for the lodging industry. From a La Quinta chain, I was expecting a newer property with new rooms... I got an older property that had exposed pipes/plumbing in my rooms bathroom, a bed with a slooping mattress, and pillows that were as thin as paper. I suggest the newer Holiday Inn Express on the west edge of town, or the Whitman hotel downtown.

For restaurants though, be sure to visit Merchant's deli downtown! ... and buy some wine!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 20, 2004

I booked a room at the La Quinta when I traveled to Walla Walla in June, 2003 because it was the cheapest I could find. Therefore, I was quite surprised to find a new property about which I had no complaints!
The room was not huge nor super-fancy, but it was well-appointed and clean and still felt relatively new. The hotel itself got a good rating in my boat because of this, plus the fact that they had free internet use in the lobby for guests and they baked fresh cookies every night! I would recommend it to anyone coming to Walla Walla. It is within a 10-15 minute walk to lovely downtown, too - another plus!

3 Thank traveling_fr0m_TX