“Nice place if you are in the area already”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro 7 Restaurant + Bar - CLOSED

Bistro 7 Restaurant + Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Bistro 7 is a trendy American comfort food restaurant and bar with an essence of sophistication and creativity. Our casual fine dining atmosphere caters to both the romantic dinner seekers as well as families with children. We provide lunch and dinner menus every day along with Sunday brunch, attractive children’s menu and appetizing small bites bar and cocktail menus. Our team of talented chefs work hard testing and perfecting recipes and creating innovative dishes that represent our modern American cuisine. Our passion is to provide a fresh, healthier approach to American comfort food by providing dishes made with organic produce from local Connecticut farms as much as possible depending on availability of seasons. Because we believe that local produce is healthier than buying organic from out of state or out of country sources, we planted a small garden on our property to provide us with whatever we can use for the restaurant. Our wines have been carefully selected by owner Breno Donatti who researched over 600 wines from farms and small wineries all over the world to fine the most artisanal, interesting, and unique blends for both the table wine drinkers and wine enthusiasts. Several of our wines are certified organic or bio-dynamic which are served by the bottle and by the glass. Our specialty cocktails are made with fresh juices and fruit and designed by our talented, creative bar team. We are large supporters of the Slow Food Movement and believe in the growth and support of local small businesses.
Connecticut
“Nice place if you are in the area already”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We just went to Bistro 7 for brunch on Sunday for the first time. It was about 30 min away (Wilton is not easy to get to). The ambiance and service were good. The menu was limited and they were out of a few things. The plates that we did get were nicety prepared and the food tasted good but I didn't feel like it was something I could have accomplished at home with a reasonable amount of effort. The prices were reasonable.

Do if you are in the area and don't feel like cooking, this is a nice option!

Disclaimer: this review is solely based on one brunch experience... have never been there for lunch or dinner

Ridgefield, Connecticut
“Overpriced for what it is”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The food is fine quality, I will give it that. But unless you like fish and an unusual menu, you will be disappointed here. It is not really a kid-friendly place. Sure, there are things kids (older) will eat here, but not much. My husband said the lamb burger was good (especially since it is difficult to find a lamb burger). I had an arugula salad with pear/gorgonzola (I think) and candied walnuts. The walnuts were plentiful, the pear was just two shavings, and the cheese -- well I can't remember what kind it was supposed to be from the menu, and there wasn't enough on the salad to have it stick in my memory. The macaroni and cheese is okay, but seemed to lack that comfort food feeling that I've gotten from other places (like another restaurant just down the road).

The atmosphere was nice... I'd say a good place to go maybe on a date night, for a drink and appetizers.

Definitely not a place for a family to eat, especially with little kids. The menu is just not plain enough.

Sorry to say, i won't eat here again. The pricing is prohibitive.

• Visited February 2013
Breno D, Owner at Bistro 7 Restaurant + Bar, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hello CTme, thanks for leaving your input here. The good thing about our concept is that we change the menu daily to ensure we are using the best ingredients and can source from the farms in our surroundings. That being said, menu items change daily and the pricing is always consistent to make farm fresh food as affordable as possible. Our place is definitely unusual, but who wants the same boring stuff every time they go out? We don't make things you can make at home yourself, we like to provide you with an experience. Please give me a call at 203-539-0771 and we can talk more about your experience.
Breno Donatti
Ridgefield, CT.
“First time visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I decided to try Bistro 7 in Wilton, CT. Last night because we heard it had just opened and we were tired of all the restaurants in the area. Boy were we surprised. The food was delicious, service was even better and the owner, ,Brenno, very friendly and attentive. I started with a kale salad. My main dish was a special. Stuffed Pepper. It had all kinds of veggies and a bit of ground beef., over risotto . Delicious. My wife had a bean soup and mushrooms in fa FILO dough. House wines were great too. Overall we will be back.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank t_dogRidgefield_CT_
Georgetown, Connecticut
“NIce burger!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

Good meals, decent prices. The Avacado burger is worth the trip! We have been there three times and each time we find the quality of food and service to be acceptable and consistent.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Flyboy711
Wilton, Connecticut
“What A Great Surprise!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

Really really good! We started with the Goat Cheese & Pickled Beet Salad delicious & prepared beautifully & fresh. You must try the Roasted Chicken Breast with Gnocchi very creative & tasty, the Pork Chop & Mashed Potatoes perfect. I've read other reviews of Bisto they must have been somewhere else this restaurant is really good & we'll return!