“Hidden gem”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Wilton, CT
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Lived in Wilton for 3 years and only visited the restaurant this week after returning for a brief trip. Wish we'd made it a regular haunt. Food quality excellent - a real aurprise

1 Thank david john s

New Canaan, CT
“Go out of your way for some great food at Bon Appetit Cafe!”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Bon Appetit Cafe is one of my favorite French restaurant. It is authentic and has great specials! The owner and staff has always been great to us! The food is so good! I had a quick dinner one night when my kids needed to be in Wilton for an hour and a half. It was so good I had to bring my wife back the next night and then some office workers the very next afternoon for lunch. And a $12 corkage charge is a deal! Go out of your way for some great food at Bon Appetit Cafe! It is a treat!

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank eyenosefood
Wilton, Connecticut
“Great Creative Chef & Menu”
Reviewed November 13, 2011

We've been to the restaurant many times & am never disappointed. The menu is always creative & the use of ingredients excellent. Very intimate to say the least but you see the preparaion & effort in preparation. They could use a little help with thw wine list but that's secondary to the quality of the experience. It's worth the trip!

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank Don51644
Westport
“In great need of a decent bistro in Wilton/Westport/Weston. Alas, this isn't it.”
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Tucked in a shopping center in downton Wilton, I had high hopes for this place. Went there with my husband for my birthday (my choice)...wish I had chosen differently. Dark, cozy, romantic feel...but alas, owner and staff were on the abrupt and condescending side. Food is OK but not worth enduring the poor service...no doubt the cause of the resulting indigestion. In this economy, where you have a choice where to deposit your hard earned cash, best to look elsewhere. (I hear Ridgefield has a nice bistro._

• Visited November 2010
1 Thank ms06880
Vestal New York
“Cannot pass by without stopping”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

On our trips from Long Island to Central New York, we make an effort to stop by Bon Appetit to get lunch even though it is a bit out of the way. Genuine French restaurant with real and friendly characters in charge. Small, but we have managed to get in twice without a reservation. Full meal or a soup, sandwich and desert it is always yummy. Have not had wine there (driving), but they appear to have a wide choice, and you can BYOB (but there is a corking fee).

• Visited August 2011