“Deceptive, Rude, nasty”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were told it was BYOB by the waiter when we sat down. Bought a bottle of pre-mixed margarita at the liquor store next door . After it was poured into a glass with ice, I was told by the same waiter, "you know there is a $12 cork fee." No, we didn't. Not anywhere on the menu or posted. Not disclosed BEFORE they unscrewed the cap (no cork here). No apology or accommodation when we insisted we were not told - waiter basically called my husband a liar and told us it was too bad, it is what it is. Unbelievable attitude of waiter - so rude.
I spoke to the owner who happened to be nearby. He said, "everyone knows there is a cork fee." Well, no, not everyone does. Many BYOB restaurants do not have them and if they do, it should be posted or told beforehand. We left before eating. We'd lost our appetite.
So regardless of what the food is, just a nasty place.

Reviewed August 18, 2011

Superb authentic French cuisine. Lots of character. Great service. Great value. We'd recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed April 20, 2011

We came down from RI to visit some family in CT, and they took us to this amazing little friendly place in Wilton. Bon Apetit Cafe offered a real intriguing menu and we wanted to eat some of everything. We all had an amazing french cultural experience...the waiters were real serviceable and friendly..and the owners were a blast !!
We highly recommend this place

1  Thank ybenassis
Reviewed April 19, 2011

NEVER had my husband tasted Vanilla Lobster, it is delicious, he said..his eyes looked like when we ate the last french goat cheese he ate from the fridge..I did just read a negative review, and i got to say the service for my girlfriend and I, was perfect. Both the waiter and the waitress were really nice with us. I am on the Dukan diet and I asked them for the sole without butter nor oil...and yumyum..
Definitely recommend this place...

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Bon Appetit Cafe is hands down the finest French Restaurant in Fairfield County. Since the first time I dined months ago, I was hooked. Everything that my guests and I have tried has been fresh and simple, the way classic French Bistro food should be. I highly recommend , Bon Appetit Cafe to anyone wanting a great all around dining experience.