2 night stay.
Front desk, restaurant and van staff really nice.
Fairly quiet room, average ok breakfast. WiFi free and speedy. Larger than average mini fridge (dorm size) in room plus microwave.
Bed was hard. Very hard. Bring your own memory foam!
King bed had minimal thin blanket.
TV old CRT with stubborn remote, no cordless phone. Wired phone would not reach to bed side table.
Standard in room heater/ac was perfectly adequate, but noisy, as most of these vintage units are. 4 small Pillows were weird squarish (almost 'throw type') - did not even cover width of bed, side by side. Plan on stacking at least 2 for a standard pillow experience.
Bathroom, fairly spacious, clean except for mold line where tile met tub. Always a turn-off.
Avoid the nachos in the lounge (small bits of mystery meat and large chunks of lettuce).
Seafood in restaurant was pretty dry. But, hey - it's Minnesota and I didn't order the deep fried walleye, which is usually a good bet up north.
Unknowns: Pool and hot tub looked nice, but I didn't get a chance to use them.
Good People and location, location, location.
When you travel pftem, people make up for a lot of room inconsistencies, within reason - of course. People here were very small-town nice. The only major drawback for me would be the hardness of the bed. Ask to see a room first and decide for yourself. I'll stay there again when back on business, (everyone I met in town told me it was the best in town.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the heart of vacation paradise! Located on the beautiful Rainy River, you will have easy access to the wilderness areas of Rainy Lake, Voyageurs National Park and our international neighbor, Canada. Come, enjoy small-town friendliness and the comforts of home. Our experienced staff is committed to making your stay a pleasant and enjoyable one. The environment is warm and cozy, inviting you to kick back and relax. Whether inside our convention rooms or outside in our gardens, the Holiday Inn is always the perfect setting for wedding receptions, banquets, conventions, business meetings, reunions, and birthday parties. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americinn Hotel And Suites International Falls
- Holiday Inn International Falls
- International Falls Holiday Inn