“Where's my update?”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls
NW Wisconsin
“Where's my update?”
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We stayed at this property in July,'09 and gave it less than stellar reviews. It has since changed owners/management and our subsequent visits have been great! My old review is still posted, while the newer one isn't - which certainly isn't fair to the new owners who have done an outstanding job of cleaning up the place. Remodeling has updated the facility, breakfast area is spacious with a wide variety of choices. The pool area is great for families. Staff has been polite and taken care of our every need. I highly recommend!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lake-people

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Crowley, TX
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We recently spent one night at the AmericInn in International Falls (visiting Voyageur's National Park). The room was clean with comfortable bed/pillow and had a microwave and frig. It was quiet. Water in shower was adequate, but didn't get very hot. We had issues with the room keys not working (requiring 3 trips to the front desk and personnel having to come to get it unlocked.) Think I may have read elsewhere that this is an issue. We didn't try the breakfast. I don't think there are many choices in International Fall and this is probably the best. We would recommend and would stay again if in the area. One thing I can definitely recommend is a fishing trip with Chris Granrude (Rainy Daze). He is a wonderful and fun guide and we had a blast!!!

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Pecatonica, Illinois
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The AmericInn was a pleasant inexpensive stay with every thing necessary and no frills. Check in was flawless. We saw from the signs that there was a reception that night and asked for a quiet room. They stuck us in a quiet corner and we were pleased. The bed was comfortable and the room clean. The breakfast was typical, but both mornings it was so crowded that we could not find an empty table and needed to retreat to our room. We got what we payed for and would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the new building. It is quieter.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mebejim
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I look in all the hidden corners to see if a hotel is REALLY clean (see my last review of this hotel). Once again, AmericInn in INTL Falls passed with flying colors. The owner is very accessible and open to comments. The restuarant was fine and the park-like setting in the back on the river where my friend and I played cribbage was perfect. I don't think one can do better FOR THE PRICE.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank humbledbyexperience
winnipeg
Reviewed November 17, 2010

This hotel has quite a bit going for it. I would fully agree with the other posters that mentioned this hotel is a work in progress. The new ownership have already addressed issues and are working to make it even better. Its clear that the vision and attitude are in the right place and it shows in the staff. I work in canada on the fort frances side, and although the super 8 is great, its always booked and honestly for the price the Americinn is a better deal. I get a large business suite, hot breakfast, pool internet and tv, at a very reasonable price. The staff are patient and friendly, I doubt I would ever stay at another hotel when working in the area. Two things I would highly suggest for management are, a phone in the business center, and passes to the NorthSite Gym next door as the fitness centre here doesnt cut it. Currently you can buy a gym pass there for $5. Wont break the bank and is a decent little gym. But for how cheap they offer a pass and the amount of guests that would claim them, free passes should be a given.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Bryon964
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I stayed at the hotel twice in Sept. I am very picky. Don't expect luxury, but want cleanliness. I inspected all the corners and places where dirt usually is found and was satisfied. See photos below. I spoke with the new owner and told him things looked good and he said that he was really attempting to clean things up and I told him it showed. For the price around 94.00 AARP rate, I thought it was well worth it. The grounds are beautiful in the back, which I overlooked on my first trip. The pool looks great. The windows open up AND the heater-ac can be left on FAN all night long which is not always the case in hotels.

This is a work in progress, but the owner's attitude is one of perfection and he stated that he is still not satisfied.

I would give it a try for sure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank humbledbyexperience
Medina, Ohio
Reviewed September 2, 2010

A quick perusal of the recent reviews may give you pause in staying here, but I can assure you that the property's transition from a Holiday Inn to this new property has been very successful. My wife and I recently stayed here when we decided to extend our stay in International Falls. We were awarded it via Hotwire after a blind booking, and were very pleased with our stay.

The property is beautifully situated on the Rainy River, west of town. There is plenty of parking in front, and a beautiful yard in the back. It has benches, with sidewalks that go down to the river. The property has a very relaxing atmosphere.

The lobby is clean and well kept. There is a public computer with attached printer, as well as couches in a warm and inviting sitting area. Check in went smooth.

The room was clean and up to date. The furnishings looked recently replaced. There was a flatscreen HDTV. The beds were very comfortable. Further, the wifi worked great.

We used the pool, which was very clean and well kept. I also used the sauna and hot tub, which were also very clean.

In the morning, we found the breakfast to be outstanding. Instead of the mere donut / bagel / cereal breakfast, there was actual hot foods available, including bacon, sausage and biscuits & gravy. We were very pleased.

Further, we needed an additional half hour to check out. They had no problems giving us that extra time.

Overall, we look forward to coming back. I understand that others did not have as good an experience, but we did not see that at all. I recommend that you give this place a second look.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Super 8 Fort Frances
Super 8 Fort Frances
#1 of 4 in Fort Frances
La Place Rendez Vous Hotel & Convention

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites International Falls? Share your experiences!