“Just ate here”
Review of Thunderbird Lodge

Thunderbird Lodge
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Full service dining room and lounge with beautiful views of Rainy Lake.
east coast
“Just ate here”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Great view. Salad was good with strawberries and oranges - dressing was great. But the chicken they put on it was like the stuff that comes in bag already prepared. Not appealing so I left the chicken on the plate.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank foodfancierEastCoast

Kenora, Canada
“Ok food, expensive though”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We had a birthday dinner here. The food was good but they nickle and dime you for non-alcoholic drinks. I had ice tea...not from a can. The glass was full of ice so there was very little liquid in it. I had refills throughout the meal and when the bill came they charged me for every refill - $2 a glass! The total actual liquid tea was probably a single glassful. I was the dedicated driver so I wasn't drinking any alcohol.
It is always very noisy in the dining room (and the lounge next door). They rushed us through supper. We were in and out in under an hour when we would have liked to slow down to enjoy the food and our company but they kept bringing the next course before we were even close to done the previously served one. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a quiet meal.
Also note that the toll free number only works in the U.S.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Alice T
Fort Frances, Ontario, Canada
“Good Consistant food and service”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We celebrated a 60th birthday at the Thunderbird Lodge with friends. This is one of our fav places to to in International Falls. The food is always good as well as the service. It was very busy so the service was not excellent but was very good. I had the Kentucky Bourbon Steak which is a special there occasionally. It was very good and the only improvement would be using a rib eye steak rather than a strip loin. That is my personal preference however the strip loin steak was good as well. My husband had the Shrimp Rainy and it is one of the lodge's specialty pasta dishes. He loved it and will order it again.
My only regret was that we did not order the Tollhouse pie.

• Visited March 2013
International Falls, Minnesota
“Thunderbird”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Thinderrbird is a great place to eat when you want a view of the lake. The food is not as good as it has been in the past but we still enjoy going there.

1 Thank msimons1