“not as expected”

Cuisines: Mexican
International Falls, Minnesota
“not as expected”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Not many dining options in International Falls, especially if you're in the mood for Mexican food. I'd give it a 50/50 bet for good food, 70/30 for good service. Been here several times and been disappointed more than satisfied. I've read where people have said "This far north, you won't find better Mexican" True. You won't find ANY other option. Typical outings here for two can be $30+, most of ours including drinks have been closer to $60.

• Visited February 2014

Fort Frances, Canada
“Four Stars for the Service but only three for the food”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just as my title hints at, our waitress was terrific; polite, attentive, quick, cheery but not hovering over us. You could just tell that if one of our kids tipped his meal all over the floor, she would have handled it with good humour and no fuss.
The restaurant definitely could have done with a bit of music to create some ambience but the setting itself was fine. It was a freezing night but the restaurant was well heated.
Now for the food. We began with the inexpensive Nachos supreme. The beef did not have a great taste or texture, and the cheese does not seem like real cheese. I dont know what it was but it had a very manufactured taste, almost like it came out of a bottle. My husband ordered the Deluxe Burritos. He reports that the chicken burrito was very good but the beef was average. My daughter ordered beef tacos and wants to say that she didnt like the beef either. I decided on the Shrimp chimichanga which was quite acceptable though there were only four or five rather small, lacklustre frozen shrimp.
So, the upshot is, there needs to be a little improvement on the cooking of the beef and the choice of cheese. Otherwise, a decent place for a family meal. Well done to our Sunday night waitress.

• Visited January 2014
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Never Disappoints ”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Three times in 10 days our group has dined at Margarita's and never been disappointed. Service was good and timely. Tuesdays and Thursdays hit 2 for 1 Margaritas not bad. This far North you will not find better Mexican.

Hinesville, Georgia
“Great food! Very clean restaurant!”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Cleanliness is very important me and I can say confidently that this was an extremely clean environment with excellent food! Strongly recommend this restaurant if your ever in I falls! Try the margaritas!

• Visited September 2013
Moorpark, CA
“Tasty food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I have eaten here several times. I have enjoyed all of my meals. I particularly like the fajitas. The portions are large enough for two meals.

Visited September 2013