“Restless Night”
Review of Tee Pee Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in International Falls
Tee Pee Motel
Reviewed July 9, 2014

My husband and I have stayed at this motel Friday 4th 2014 the room was facing to the main street. And first thing was the horrible smell of cigarette smoke combined with mildew so I opened some windows for airflow,after got a little better.The outlets don't work with the light switch off we were trying to charge or cellphones and Ipad but was not possible unless we leave the lights on. the toilet keep flushing by itself, so all night I could here the noise of the toilet flushing was really annoying... the lamps cover were all dirty with stains and the bed sheets too, the TV was a little tiny TV that I could'n believe that at this century they still have the old TV's literally I needed to sit very close to be able to watch a movie. They really need to update them. so after a long day of fishing can enjoy of washing a good movie right? Is the last time for me to go to this hotel I rather to sleep in the car and save my $65.00 + tax and I bet will sleep much better!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 812elizabeth
Tara T, Manager at Tee Pee Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2015

I am sorry your stay with the Tee Pee Motel was unsatisfactory. As of March 2015 the motel is under new ownership and management and we welcome all comments and feedback. We will work hard to improve what is needed to improve and hope in the future you can give us another try.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

The Tee Pee is right across the street from Sandy's Place where the best breakfast in town is available Mo-Sa.

We needed a place to stay 4TH of July night, but every property in the area, US or Canada, was full, but not the Tee Pee - there was an unheeded message there. A lake friend who makes the buffalo bellow on a nickle stays there every year when they open up their cabin told me to stay in the annex as it is removed from the highway and quieter. We made a telephone reservation - no internet reservations or room rate quotes.

When I entered the office to check in, it smelled of deeply ingrained cigarette smoke. I asked about the WiFi and was told that it was "iffy" in the annex, but good up front. In the annex, they may have to restart the router from time-to-time. I asked to be up front, but that would be a 30% increase in price the lady said! Their prices were already well beyond America's Best Value and Days Inn - definitely not worth it.

The room was very clean. There is no cross ventilation. The climate control is built into the wall below the lone window sill where you cannot see the control selections. The options turned out to be cold and clammy or hot and clammy - terrible for sleep in the nice, colorful 50% polyester/50% cotton sheets that do not breath while covering a very lumpy bed. A good night's sleep was very elusive independent of the fireworks going off outside till well past 2 AM.

The toilet/bathtub/shower area was very clean and had its own in-wall heater/fan. This is one of the few properties around that still don't have round shower curtains. Early morning hot water was only warm at full-on hot. The short-boy round toilet had one of those commercial open front seats that bites you when you lean forward. The TP was thin enough to read my fingerprint swirl pattern through it, was prone to break-through and required somewhere between a peck and a bushel to finish the job.

WiFi time with my laptop. You have to move the desk/dresser to find a power outlet. I did get connected to one of two routers without any problem, but no internet. At 10:45 PM I called the front desk advertised to be open till 11 PM to report the problem. The lady told me she had already restarted the router twice that evening, she was in bed and was not about to do it again. PO'd, but undaunted, I used my laptop software to explore the problem and found both accessible routers were working just fine, but neither had a connection to the internet. I went to bed. The next morning, after a miserable night's session, I tried it again - same story. Conclusions: they don't know much about this modern WiFi stuff, they were disconnected by their ISP or they may have not had any connectivity for some long time - who knows? I won't return to find out. Never say never, but it would have to be desperation time.

Room Tip: If there is a good room, please eMail me.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CamanoCarl
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at the motel on July 26, 2023 for just one night.
Our group rented two rooms and we both noticed the rather strong smell of cigarettes in the room - especially in the bathroom. This in spite of the fact there were no smoking signs on the outside of the rooms by the door.
Overall it was OK and offered a clew room that is on the Main Street in town. Close to gas stations, restaurants, and the border.
Room rate was fair and I like the fact we stayed in the annex building rather than have a room facing the street. Much more quiet and let's the kids fall asleep easier.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My buddies and I stay here every year on our way to Lake of the Woods huning & fishing. The owners are very nice, the rooms spotlessly clean and properly priced. Also close to The Spot - terrific steaks and drinks. You can't go wrong at the Tee Pee.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank William B
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here in January. The rooms are clean, comfortable, spartan and dated. The owners are very helpful. Very good value for the money. I would stay here again. Conveniently close to Ft. Frances, and much less expensive than staying in Canada.

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the office rather than further away so you can obtain decent wifi coverage...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank petergriffith
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this motel for several years when we travel to Canada for our fishing trip. Very clean, very comfortable bed and pillows. Karen is an excellent hostess. The Tee Pee is within walking distance of good restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner, from fast food to a sit down dinner. We have always had parking for our boat and trailer, even when the motel is crowded. Very good value.

Room Tip: call for a reservation
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mem04
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Warm hospitality with great prices. Large rooms include complimentary wi-fi. Free phone calls to any United States number. Call the friendly owner operators of this independent motel to make reservations

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple