“Some good, some bad, TIRED!”
Review of Ramada Vicksburg

Ramada Vicksburg
Ranked #21 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Trinity, Florida
“Some good, some bad, TIRED!”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Good was the staff, lobby, and hospitality hour. Bad was the TV controller (cardboard taped to the unit to replace the missing back where the very weak batteries were placed) that barely worked the TV; rug piled up near desk; missing furniture in what was suppose to be an exec suite (not); running out of all coffee (2 urns of regular and 1 of decaf) all at the sometime during a breakfast that did not seem that busy to me. As a Marriott platinum member, I am not sure if I am more critical or less, but I think less. This hotel badly needs an upgrade/remodel! The place is clean but TIRED.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for taking time to give feedback on your most resent stay at the Fairfield in Vicksburg,Ms, Please accept my sincere apologies for the room not being up to the best of standards and for not refilling the coffee in a timely manner. We recognize that our property needs some updating and I can
We recognize that our property needs some updating and I can assure you these errors on our part will be corrected so that they do not become a recurring problem for you or any of our guests. I hope that you and your family will extend us another opportunity to be of service to you, where we will assure you a much more comfortable and pleasurable stay. Thank you once again for being our loyal guests as we look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Overland, Missouri
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn for one night while making a quick tour of the fabulous military park en route to Natchez. Although the Inn was a little hard to get to from the park and highway, it was worth the effort. Friendly, helpful staff greeted us and shared that a complimentary hospitality bar would be open from 5-7. Great food and refreshments. We enjoyed connecting with some other guests. The room was clean, comfortable and very nice. The breakfast the next morning, also complimentary, was good and plenty for us. We enjoyed the stay and the location near the highway. We would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here for one month while working in the area. Upon check in to check out the staff was always very friendly and smiling. Breakfast food was ample and always fresh, hot coffee available 24 hours a day. Rooms were clean and bed was quite comfortable, WIFI was just ok, sometimes it ran fast other times it was very slow, probably due to so many people using the wireless. i tried using hard cable in room but it was not any faster. Overall, nice place, I will definitely stay here next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Gseppe64
Chaska, MN
Reviewed February 14, 2014

My family visited Vicksburg 25 years ago and had a wonderful time. I had spent a couple of long days on the road and just wanted to check in and relax. The surrounding area is a mad house!!! More traffic than in down town LA at rush hour. I went over to get some supplies at the supermarket across the street and it was like a demolition derby. Cars in every lane regardless of proper direction or right of way.

I got back alive and my car intact. Despite this being the most expensive place on my trip, there was no hot tub nor a lounge. The room was poorly light so it was difficult to read. Four Fox stations and no Public TV. I will leave early in the morning for my personal safety.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Don G
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
I would like to thank you for taking time to respond to your most recent stay at the Fairfield Inn By Marriott in Vicksburg, Ms. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. Over the last 25 years there has been some major changes in the city of Vicksburg, but please know that the wellbeing of all our Guest is very important to us. Unfortunately we cannot control the way the citizens of Vicksburg drive, but we can control the service you receive at our hotel.
If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, we truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may deliver exceptional service in the future.

MAREESE ROSE
mareese.rose@marriott.com
601-636-1811

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

I landed at Tallulah-Vicksburg Airport over in Louisiana and drove the ten miles east to Vicksburg. Kind of funny that the Fairfield Inn sign is easy to see from the Interstate, but hard to get to once you're on the surface streets. But once I arrived, I told Robinson at the front desk of my wandering to get there. She then upgraded me to an even better room, gave me their arrival goody bag, and made me feel very welcome on a cold evening in Vicksburg. Breakfast was hot and ready to go at 7AM on a Saturday morning and was good. I'm glad I stayed there and wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
VicksburgFairfield, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
It is our goal to make you feel welcome and give you service that makes you want to return. I am elated that we were able to meet your needs as a welcomed guest in our hotel and hope that you will be able to visit with us again.

Robinson Sudds
Front Office Manager
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Agree with much of the previous reviews, decent breakfast, friendly staff. The room where the ceiling joins wall, some evidence of leak damage, not well repaired. Tub area a little sketchy. But it was the little things that missed the mark. At check-in at a property clearly not sold out, I was given a room next to the fitness room. Desk clerk cheerfully moved me - to a room next to the elevator. So I moved again. I was going to be there for a week and just didn't want a potentially noisy room. Needed to do my laundry. Sign in the laundry room said "change at the desk". Went there, no quarters, so had to leave the building and make a purchase I didn't need to make to get quarters. A buck seventy five each for washer and dryer and when the drying was done, my laundry wasn't dry. Housekeeping sketchy, some of the bathtowels were thin and small but bigger, fluffier ones on the rack made the comparison annoying. Last night there the remote stopped working. Batteries not only dead, but leaking and corroded. Didn't want to get dressed and go to the desk for batteries, even if they had them. Did I mention mattress was past prime? Friendly staff helps a lot, but not enough. My last stay in a Fairfield in Farmington Hills, MI was sour. Starting to wonder about the brand. I'm in a Hampton tonight, same money, far superior. Points aren't everything.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
VicksburgFairfield, Front Office Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
I would like to thank you for staying at the Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg and commenting on events that occured within your stay. I would like you to know that going forth our guest service representative will be sure to take note of the guest's length of stay and to avoid any potential high traffic areas that could possibly be a disturbance. During the time of your stay there were several long term guest in system and we were continualy out of quarters, so we will definitely be corresponding the length of stay to coin assessibility. You couldn't have stated it better, it is the little things that truly effect an overall experience and I do apologize that your stay with us was less than the standard expected. I thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and will are now implementing the pointers received.

It is our goal to make sure that the little things are addressed and that our service will make you want to return to our location.

Robinson Sudds-Front Desk Manager
Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

I am a Marriot platinum member so I have stated at dozens of Marriot properties. This one was about average. Old property could use a little TLC but the lobby and breakfast area were nice and clean. Breakfast was decent with hot eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. Staff was nice and friendly. Nice location with a ton of places to eat and a short drive to the casinos.

My biggest complaint was the poor quality of the internet service. I use FaceTime to video chat with my wife and kids when away from home but the poor wifi quality did not allow me to make a proper connection the entire week I was there. I had the same issues with my laptop. I would recommend elsewhere for the business traveler for this reason.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
VicksburgFairfield, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dr. Beebs4201,

First off I would like to say thank you for taking time out to comment on your experience while staying with us. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and your feedback will not go unheard. Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We are looking into why the internet was running so poorly to ensure that this does not become a reoccurring problem in the future. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this in more detail.

Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust by any means and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to.

MAREESE ROSE