“Nice hotel”

Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Panama City, Panama
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice check- in, the lady at the reception gave us a bag with cookies. A large room, the air condition worked properly. The breakfast included susage and eggs. The hotel is close to the highway and close to a mall and supermarket. The only issue was the swimming pool. The water looked as it had not been purify for a long time. Only fast food restaurants around.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Jacke H, General Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
We here at Fairfield Vicksburg want to thank you for your recent stay. We value our guests satisfaction. I do want to apologise for the pool not meeting your standards. The reason for that look was that there was cleaning being performed and the last thing was to have pool clarifier added. I am sorry for the inconvenience we have placed on you and your family. I do thank you for bringing this to my attention. We look foward to seeing you all again. Feel free to reach out to me here at any time. Glad you had a great stay.

Jacke Hall

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Galesburg, Illinois
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed here on Vicksburg visit after staying at Vicksburg Holiday Inn in February. Better price - much better room. First visit we stayed at first hotel we saw coming in from the east. Didn't realize there were more and newer hotels further along highway. We will stay here on next visit.

• Stayed April 2013
Jacke H, Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your choosing to stay with us here at Fairfield Inn Vicksburg. Your comment is most helpful in making our property better in every aspect of our guest satisfaction. We will be looking forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please reach out to me personally.
Jacke Hall, GM
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Our stay was great and the staff was better!

It does bear repeating, this is a beat up old place. It must be difficult to keep it clean. It seems that virtually no money has been used to maintain the property. The best thing to do is complete renovation or tear it down and build a new facility.

Everything about our stay was fine, but the rooms need a lot of care!!!

Room Tip: If you have a regular room, bring a real air purifier or ionizer. The dust got to me and I needed t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank seawind2
Jacke H, General Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience here at our hotel. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on your visit. I do hope you will return so that we can make your stay a more pleasant one. Please feel free to reach out to me personally to make sure you are satisfied with what we have to offer. Our guests are our top priority and yes that means you, once again I am sorry and we aim to make things better.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This is an older hotel. The lobby area was pretty and appeared to have been renovated, but my room was not. The young man who checked me in (David) was very nice and pleasant. The hotel gets an A+ for effort, but falls short in other areas. When I arrived in the evening, there were having a nice social gathering with some nice snacks, beer, wine, soft drinks etc., that was nice.

My room was small, but clean. There was a frig and microwave and flat screen TV. The A/C worked exceptionally well (I mention this in reviews in southern states because it is IMPORTANT. The humidity and heat in some states is so bad – so when I get a good A/C, I love it).

The bed was horrible. It was so squishy and I could feel the springs. The sheets were worn and ill-fitted (but clean); the corner kept coming up during the night and exposing the mattress (gross!). It was ok for a quick overnight stay, but it could use a firmer mattress. The bathroom was small, but clean, and functional. The sink is outside the shower/toilet area. Plenty of clean towels.

The breakfast area is large, clean and well stocked. The breakfast was good; they had scrambled eggs, some kind of meat-stuff, and all the regular breads, juices, fruit, cereals, etc. The lady doing the breakfast area was wonderful; very friendly.

There’s plenty of free parking and free wi-fi. Convenient location right off I-10 – like I said, great for an overnight stay.

NOW, my major complaint is my room smelled of perfumed air-freshener. It was overwhelming. I don’t like smells of any kind and it was bothersome. Some people like those strong smells and think they smell good, but not me. And, the hallway on the first floor by the breakfast area was REALLY strong with that smell. I hate that.

Overall, this hotel is nice, just in need of a face-lift. It’s clean and that’s what I appreciate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tczig
Thanks for your review. I understand that you do not like strong smells and I apologise for that strong scent in your room. What we use are the standards of Marriott, the next time you make reservations, please add a note about your sensitivity to smells and we will make sure we accomondate your sensitiviy. Thanks again for your review and we are here to satisfy our guests needs.

Dallas
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

OK. It is NOT a new property. NO big deal. It is clean and the staff is friendly and the location is great. Stay here if you are going to the casinos OR the historical sites of Vicksburg. Contrary to some other reviews, it is FINE. By the way, I am Marriott Platinum so I have stayed in LOTSA properties.

• Stayed April 2013
I want to thank you for your great response. I takes a person that travels as much as you do to understand the different types of locations. I am glad we here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg were able to make your stay enjoyable. We are an older property but we pride ourselves in cleanliness. Thank you for noticing all the positive things we work towards.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First, I must say the staff here were very nice...so, having said that this place needs a renovation...SMALL bathroom, dirty carpet and old furniture. We were in an "upgraded" room supposedly because we are Platinum Elite with Marriott. I'd hate to see a regular room.
Won't return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank you for your update on your stay here at our hotel. I hope the next time you come we would have made some positive changes for you. We are taking every comment and either learning or improving what is needed for our guests. Thanks again.

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Crestview, Florida
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were tired after a long day drive from KS to MS. I called when we were about 30 minutes out to check rates and they offered us a good rate for a king size bed - $74.00 which was one of the better rates we found in the area. This also includes a full hot breakfast, so for the wonderful bed and the hot breakfast, this was a great place for us to stay. Our room was next to the elevator shaft which she made us aware of before going up - no problems however, it was not that noisy. i would definitely stay here again or at any Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jacke H, General Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Well thank you for the wonderful review. We here at Fairfield Inn Vicksburg, work exceptionally hard to please everyone that visit us. I do know it is hard to please each and every guest, I am so pleased we were able to please you and your family. We look forward to seeing you all again.