“Great place for an overnight stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Vicksburg

Ramada Vicksburg
Ranked #19 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Georgetown, Texas
“Great place for an overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

We stopped here on a road trip to Georgia. The hotel is located right off the highway with restaurants and stores next door. Hotels is older but clean. Staff is very friendly! Breakfast has your regular continental stuff along with a few hot items and waffle maker. Nice place to stay when traveling.

• Stayed December 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacke H, General Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We enjoy housing nice people like yourselves. Yes we are an older facility and we pride ourselves on keeping it clean. We trust your stay was enjoyable and convenient for you. Hope to see you soon.

Jacke Hall, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Athens, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2011

Staff, accomodations, location...all excellent. I really appreciate the pride staff took in providing a quality stay. RECOMMEND!

Room Tip: Don't second guess this place. It was a little expensive, but worth it. Even phoned out for pizz...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jacke H, General Manager at Ramada Vicksburg, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Your review was most helpful. We do thank you for visiting us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. We will be looking forward to seeing youi all again.

Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

On a trip to Destin my wife, daughter, grandson and I stayed at the Fairfield in Vicksburg based on the TripAdvisor reviews and the good rate we received. We arrived a little before midnight. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. Breakfast was adequate. It was a good stay on our drive to the Gulf.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are pleased to know you had a great night with us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. We pride ourselves in guest service. You received just that at your late checkin. We like to continue the same service in morning, afternoon, and even at late night. After all you deserve it. Thanks for staying with us and we look to see you again soon.

Austin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Room clean very freiendly staff. Breakfast better than average.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us here at Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. I am so glad that you got the rate you were looking for. It might take a few clicks, as long as you are happy, that is all that matters. We do go above and beyond to make our guests happy. After all we are the hospitality state. Thank you for staying with us.

Uriah, Al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

Nice place; was only there overnight; the only "small complaint" was that I had checked the senior prices at the Fairfields in Jackson & Vicksbugh Ms & in Monroe La. We were not sure how far we would make it that evening so I did not book on line. We I went to check on a room Vicksburgh, the senior rate was $10+ a night more. I had printed off the info that I gotten off my computer the night before & showed it to the host. She said that rate only applied to on-line.
Next time, I will either book on line or call the 800# ahead of time & make sure of the rate.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing us to stay. I am sorry that you did not get the rate you saw the day before. I would like to say, the rates do change from day to day upon availability. The rate you had was a previous day and it could not be applied to the day present. I do understand your frustration with that, but if anytime you are back in the area and you choose to stop, ask for me I am the new GM here on the property and we can talk on the rates. I am glad you had a great stay otherwise. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. As we say here in the south, we'll leave the light on for ya.

Cottageville, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

My wife and I have been traveling back and forth twice a year to Texas from South Carolina. We have been staying exclusively in this one fairfield hotel for the last four years and it was because of the friendliness and experience the management and staff have shown from the moment we arrived. I expected the same kind of treatment that we had at other motels in the area but was totally surprised by the wonderful treatment we received from the manager (Jim), what a wonderful man this manager is. He gives you all the details about his hotel, and accommodates you in every way to make your stay comfortable. We camp most of the time but when we come down route 20 towards vicksburg, we will not camp that day, only stay at fairfield inn, no matter what time of day we arrive, as we have never experienced any problems such as those with negative responses about this facility. My wife and I are 71 years old and have travelled extensively but never have we stayed at a finer hotel. As for the staff, we have always met very nice people during check in and night shift. I would always mention to them how great it is to be working for such a wondeful manager who trains his people right. He has a "Get to know the manager buffett" mondays thru thursday which is like having a supper catered. All the amenities are just perfect at this hotel. I noticed they had a notice on a sheet of paper in the rooms on one of my visits and I told the manager that it was blurry so I made a new copy for him on my computer and sent it to him which he accepted as a friend and used it from that day on. He expressed his thanks for what I had done. This is the kind of relationships you build with such nice people and their established business. To Jim I say, "well done and don't change a thing". To the customer I say, "Ask for the manager and talk nice to him and explain what you perceive as a problem, and give him a chance to accommodate your needs". I don't and won't stay at any other motel while on the road except this one. My name is Andy.

Room Tip: specify your needs and be friendly
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you Mr. Andy,
Wow, you have truly built a relationship here at the Fairfield Inn, Vicksburg. I am Jacke Hall the new GM here. I enjoyed reading your review and it was well complimented to the staff and hotel. When I talk to Jim, I will surly let him know about your (his) review. I can asure you the great time you've had here will continue. The friendly staff and nice hotel will always remain. The next time you come "home", you and the Mrs. will continue to receive that same top notch service as well as all other guests. We take pride in what we do here at the hotel and making things right is our specialty. The staff says hi and they are looking forward to seeing you again. I am looking forward to meeting you and wife. Please reach out to me anytime and let me know you will be arriving. Thank you again for that wonderful and well detailed review.

Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Our stay at the Fairfield Inn in Vicksburg was great. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We didn't feel like getting out for dinner after driving all day so I went to the Kroger's for deli food which was right across the parking lot. Breakfast was delicious and the gentleman hosting breakfast helped me immensely with directions and a map to the National Battlefield, which was not more than 5 or 10 minutes away. Also, did I mention, you can't beat the rates here.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SherryinBA
Thank you so much for visiting us. The kroger next door has the hot food all the time and yes it is within walking distance, just next door. I am so glad your stay here with us was as pleasant as you had hoped for. We will be looking for your return soon.