“Best in Class”

Hampton Inn Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed October 22, 2006

We were in Vicksburg, MS for a family wedding. This hotel is new and all the staff were wonderful, especially Dee Dee Wylie. She went above and beyond to help our family feel at home and welcome. If you are traveling with kids this is the place to stay. Everything was so clean and well organized. HH members should check into the 5th floor suites...primo. This is in the top 10 hotels that we've stayed in the world including a few Ritz Carltons. BRAVO!

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank cal0899
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Vicksburg

Reviewed August 29, 2006

I am a Vicksburg native and the Hampton Inn in Vicksburg is a great hotel. I booked a room a friend visiting our town. He loves how comfortable the bed felt and he enjoyed the breakfast. We have stayed in larger hotels outside Mississippi and the beds were never quite as comfortable as the Hampton Inn bed in Vicksburg, MS. The outside of the hotel is lovely. There's a nice place to relax in the back of the hotel. I have personally had a meeting at the hotel and the service and hospitality was wonderful. The parking is free and there are plenty of parking spaces. This hotel is close to the military park and the outlet mall for shoppers. For these reasons, I gave this hotel 5 stars.

Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank Maryam1979
Reviewed July 20, 2006

My family and I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Vicksburg for one-night while touring through Mississippi during 4th of July weekend. I have only positive comments regarding the Hampton Inn and Suites at Vicksburg. The location of the hotel is really easy to find as it is right off of Highway 20 and across the street from the Vicksburg National Military Park. This Hampton Inn and Suites is brand new as it opened up in the spring of 2006. As soon as my family walked into the hotel to check-in we were greeted by smiling faces. Having made some last minute travel changes to our itinerary I only booked this hotel a week before our planned night to stay. The only non-smoking rooms that were still available were suites, which my family and I decided would be the best option for our stay. Therefore, our suite consisted of a king bed, pull-out sofa, refrigerator, and microwave. The large television with a DVD player was great. My 12-year old brother had brought his portable DVD player with for the plane ride. Therefore, he already had some DVD’s with him. However, the front desk does have DVD’s to rent. There is a small pool, exercise room, business center, and wireless internet access in the lobby. The continental breakfast was perfect for starting out the morning. The morning of check-out I asked the front desk staff which plantation house they recommended to visit. The clerk suggested the McRaven House and was happy to give us directions. After showing us on a map how to get to the McRaven House she printed out directions on the computer to verify she was correct on getting there. After asking a few questions about the Vicksburg National Military Park the front desk employee gave us a free pass to get in. Therefore, this just shows how much the staff at the Hampton and Inn and Suites will go out of there way to assist guests staying at the hotel and a perfect example of ‘Southern Hospitality.’ Having stayed at many hotels, including the Hampton Inn and Suites throughout the world this is definitely one of the best. I would highly recommend the Hampton Inn and Suites for anyone visiting Vicksburg.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Rosebud9802
Reviewed June 26, 2006

Beautiful, brand new hotel, offering excellent amenities above and beyond what you would expect. For example:
5th floor rooms (HHonor rooms) have a flat screen computer with monitor and mouse allowing for Internet access from the comfort of your in room desk without having to take out your laptop!
DVD's in every room with a free DVD library (100 or so decent movies) to choose from.
Fresh baked cookies available at all times.
Great Evening reception, and super morning breakfast bar with one hot item (Egg and Bacon breakfast pizza the morning we were there).

The hotel is also in a great location, right off the I-20 literally 100 feet from the on ramp with easy access to restaurants and Vicksburg Casinos.

Only caveats is the hotel is somewhat expensive asking for a premium price from the typical Hampton Inn, and for the premium price you pay it still isn't a full service (ie. No Concierge/Bellman on call) but the service of the staff was excellent!

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank vsachs77
A TripAdvisor Member
texas
Reviewed June 19, 2006

We have been on the road for 1 1/2 weeks to see the SE states. We've stayed at Hampton Inns all the way and this is by far the most outstanding. Our room was beautiful, the staff was friendly, competent, and helpful above and beyond duty. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful 2 night stay.

• Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 28, 2006

Stayed for two nights in three rooms. Accomodations were above average. Service could not have been better. We were there for a family wedding and it was a stressful time. The staff went above and beyond to accomodate us. Even when all of the groomsmen left the room in a total mess, the cleaning staff just smiled and wished us all the best. Because of our experience, I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2006
5  Thank llbh2016
Reviewed February 19, 2006

I really enjoyed the Hampton Inn both times I stayed there. GREAT breakfast, lots of hot and cold choices, try the "Robust" coffee if you are a coffee lover. They also have an evening reception weekday evenings, popcorn and soft ice cream every evening, free.
Rooms are nice, could use a little maintenance. They provide fridges and microwaves in the room.
Last time I was there, 3 out of 4 ice machines were empty at 7pm.
I also like the free business center with internet access, printer/fax/copier. and free wireless internet in every room.

• Stayed: February 2006