1,082 results
All reviews across the street evening reception military park great hotel free beer happy hour beautiful lobby civil war would highly recommend this hotel breakfast staff we've stayed hotel is located morning breakfast staff was friendly easy access would stay here again the breakfast area
Selected filters
Reviewed January 12, 2017

This hotel is lovely. The rooms are clean and comfy. The bathroom is nice, and the in bathroom hair dryer has a night light! Breakfast was good as well..I will stay here again. Great location as well. Close to the historical sights.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2017

JKCDMom,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are delighted that you enjoyed the comfortable accommodations, the amenities and the hot, fresh breakfast while you were here. We invite you to join us for our Manager's Reception in the evenings on Mon - Sat. Featuring complimentary, light appetizers and beverages, the reception is a great way to relax and share your day's adventure or plan tomorrow's. Ask an Associate for more information on the reception when you check in.

Reviewed January 11, 2017

I have never been more satisfied with my stay. I think the young lady that was at the desks name was Stephanie, please look at your records to verify. I had her name on a post it note, but lost it. She was AWESOME. Not only was she very friendly during checking me in, she even came to my room and went to get ice in the bucket for us. Please recognize her exceptional service. I travel frequently now, and have not had any experience like this trip. I stayed in Natchez, MS about a month ago and had forgot I was a Honors Member, and she told me to call about getting the points for that stay also, but the number and info was on the post it with her name. If at all possible, please look at your records and see if I can get the award points for that stay as well, or please email me the info I need to contact the Honors awards department, if it is not too late. Thank you and I look forward to my next stay!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2017

J9123ZMrobind,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We loved having both of you here and we hope to see you again soon. We are glad you enjoyed the comfortable room and the courteous service while you were here. In addition to the National Battlefield Park located directly across the street, the city of Vicksburg is filled with history. Ask an Associate to suggest other locations and attractions located nearby that you may be interested in. They will be happy to help.

Reviewed January 10, 2017

Location makes it easy on and off the interstate. It is clean. But if you're looking for customer service, try a different hotel. Staff is not very friendly and really could care less if you're there. Vote with your dollar and stay at a different hotel.

1  Thank Judith E
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2017

Judith E,

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. We were delighted to have you both here and we apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We are committed to providing every guest the best possible stay and are working to continually improve our services. We will forward your comments to the appropriate departments to assist us in pin pointing the issues that need to be addressed. Again we are sorry for any inconvenience and we invite you to return and stay with us in the future and see the improvements for yourself.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

We stayed at this Hampton Inn both eastbound and westbound for Christmas/New Year's. The staff was helpful as we remembered, and the room was excellent. We particularly appreciated the late afternoon "reception" with snacks and drinks. Breakfast is outstanding, with staff patrolling to make sure all the stations are full and cleanliness is maintained. Only drawback is the very bright light in the bedside clock -- we put a towel over it instead of unplugging it. We have stayed several times at this Hampton Inn, and quality has not deteriorated. That's a good thing!

Room tip: Rooms on rear of hotel are a bit quieter.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2017

John H,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We loved seeing you again and we look forward to the next time you visit. We are delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy the friendly service, the evening reception and the hot, fresh breakfast. If we can help you find anything while you are here just ask an Associate. They will be happy to assist you with suggestions and directions for shopping, attractions and dining while you are here.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

I am a fan of Hampton anyway, but this was one of the nicest I have experienced. Beautiful entryway, clean, convenient location and great service. Extras! It's right across the street from the historic Vicksburg civil war battle site.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

869coreyj,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We were delighted to have your family here and we hope to see all of you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed the courteous service, the convenient location and the clean accommodations while you were here. Be sure to join us for our Manager's Reception during your next stay. Featuring complimentary light appetizers and beverages in the lobby, the reception is a great way to relax at the end of the day while deciding which great, local restaurant to choose. Ask an Associate about the reception the next time you are here.