“Great Night Sleep”

Hampton Inn Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I was at the hotel for a business meeting. I loved the hotel, and the staff. The hotel was nice, clean and modern. The room was big, and the bed slept great. I love the breakfast area, nice and open, we were able to move around, get our breakfast without bumping into each other. Also, the hotel is very convenient to I20. Other Hotel Managers, stop by this hotel and take a look, you could learn a few things.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front. You get a pretty nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Gina4655711,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We loved having you here and we look forward to serving you again. We are glad you enjoyed the room and the breakfast. The "pretty nice view" from the front rooms of the hotel is actually the Vicksburg National Military Park located across the street. This year marks the Sesquicentennial (150 years) of the Battle of Vicksburg during the Civil War and there are lots of extra events and attractions on display in the park. Ask an Associate during your stay about what is going on in the park and the city while you are there. They will be glad to provide details and suggestions for what to see.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed the weekend of Memorial Day, 2013. Even though there were a lot of activities in the area, the hotel was quiet and clean. We will stay again when we visit Vicksburg in the future.

patbee7,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were able to rest in the quiet. There are a lot of events going on in Vicksburg due to the 150th Anniversary of the Battle of Vicksburg. While most of the events are centered in the National Military Park across the street from the hotel, there are other events being held throughout Vicksburg. Any Associate will be glad to assist you in finding the event you would like to attend during your stay.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I traveled to Vicksburg for the 150th Civil War anniversary. I chose the Hampton Inn for its location across from the Civil War battlefield. Little did I know that our 2-night stay would be so extraordinary. When I entered the hotel, I was immediately impressed with the elegance of the lobby. The Front Desk personnel went out of their way to secure an early check-in for us as I was not feeling well. My reservation was for a King Room and we were upgraded to a beautiful King Suite with a view of the park. The room was very large and the bed was very comfortable. Each morning we enjoyed a very hearty breakfast. My wife and I have traveled extensively and I can honestly say that our experience at the Hampton of Vicksburg was one of the most enjoyable. We sincerely appreciate the generous hospitality and will return soon.

2  Thank Rick B

Rick B,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay during your travels to Vicksburg. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again. While you are here to see the great events and attractions surrounding the 150th Anniversary be sure to take advantage of the services offered by the hotel. Joins us for a complimentary, hot breakfast every morning and for our Evening Reception Mon - Sat. Be sure to ask an Associate about the various attractions during your stay, they will be glad to give you details and suggestions about places to visit.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This is a very nicely appointed hampton inn and nicer than many higher end hilton's I have stayed in. It is right across the street from the entrance to Vicksburg National Military Park so the location is very good as well.

We stayed on the executive floor, though I don't really know what makes the executive floor different than any other floor...I didn't really see any difference.

The staff was sort of so-so. I arrived late at night and barely received a welcome or any info on the property. Also, I am a diamond HHonors member and didn't receive my snack or drink....not that it is a big deal...just kind of strange since every other hotel I've stayed in makes a big deal about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

JJ870,

Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you were able to enjoy our hot, complimentary breakfast during your stay. We apologize for the "so-so" reception and the lack of a snack and beverage with your HHonors check-in. These issues will be discussed with the Front Desk Staff. During your next stay we hope you will arrive early enough to enjoy our Manager's Reception, served Mon - Sat evenings and featuring light snacks and beverages.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was pre booked into the Quality Inn nearby but on inspection it just wasn't good enough so quickly used their internet to book the Hampton Inn. We booked a whirlpool suite and it was first class, real comfy bed in a large room with massive TV to relax in front of and with a complimentary breakfast. There was even a FREE bar for an hour on our arrival....just can't fault this hotel.

dgw79,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. We are glad you chose to move your reservation to our hotel, and that you enjoyed the whirlpool suite. Be sure to join us for breakfast in the morning before setting out to see all that Vicksburg has to offer. If you aren't sure which historical attraction to start with just ask any Associate and they will be glad to help with suggestions and details.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Vicksburg, MS. It's the best place to stay for visitors to the Vicksburg National Military Park because it's right across the street from the park entrance. And it's a great place to stay! The lobby is attractive, the staff is personable and the rooms are very clean and comfortable. We've stayed here twice while visiting Vicksburg and we'll be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Doug W,

Thanks for letting us know about your stay. We loved having you here and it is great to hear from a repeat guest. We are glad you enjoyed your stays with us. Don't forget when you are planning your day in the park that we serve our hot, complimentary breakfast every morning and our Manager's Reception Mon - Sat evenings. We will also be happy to help you find some of the great local restaurants in the area. Ask any Associate during your stay and they will gladly provide you with details and suggestions.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a very busy day and had left Memphis and travelled late to Vicksburg.

As the sat nav told us we were arriving we saw the hotel. Oh My God. We did not believe that it was our hotel. We went into the reception which looked amazing. I checked inn and there were 2 receptionist who were absolutely lovely. So helpful. I asked about where to eat and they told me of a couple of local restaurants.

The room was amazing and very very clean and comfortable.

We decided not to go out so I spoke to the receptionist who offered microwave meals for our room or also told us we could get a takeaway delivered and then gave me a list of takeaways.

We had a really busy day and were really tired however the beds and rooms were so comfortable that we woke totally refreshed. Breakfast was beautiful. The usual complimentary breakfast yet totally fresh and very very nice.

Thank you to the staff and to Hampton Inn Vicksburg

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Muke,

We appreciate you writing a review of your stay with us. It was great having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. We are glad we were able to help you with your dinner in. In addition to the microwave meals our Suite Shop includes beverages, treats, meals and even a few souvenirs of your visit to Vicksburg. If you can't find what you are looking for in our Suite Shop just ask any Associate and they will be glad to provide suggestions and directions to locations that provide what you are searching for.