“Quiet and comfortable”

Hampton Inn Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Had a large king suite thanks to traveling on points. It was very quiet and comfortable--except for pillows which were big and hard. Room and bath were clean. A/C worked fine. Nice to have microwave and refrigerator.

Nice selection of breakfast items but orange juice was very watery and robust coffee (good, dark flavor that I like) was not hot enough. There was an evening reception but I skipped it.

Friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

PhDNana,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. If we can help you with something during your stay, feel free to contact any Associate and they will be glad to assist you. During your stay with us be sure to check out the local historic attractions, starting with the National Military Park across the street. We will be glad to provide you with suggestions and details for the many events and attractions, just ask any Associate.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This was my first time staying in Vicksburg, but my company stays here often. I checked in with just enough time to set my things down before my coworkers and I went to dinner. When I returned I realized that my room was backed up to the elevator was quite noisy. According to the front desk the hotel was completely booked and it was too late for someone to clean my room if I took someone else's that hadn't checked in yet. They offered to let me switch rooms the next day if I still felt I needed to. I definitely did and they were true to their word and moved me to another room further from the elevator. I appreciated very much their willingness to accommodate me. I am very easy going and do not normally complain but I would suggest that if they put you in rooms 110, 210, 310, etc that you request another room. Its just not worth the headache especially if they have a full house.

Room Tip: Rooms 110, 210, 310 etc share a wall with the elevator and can get very noisy at peak hours. I sugge...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stiera
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

stiera,
Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. We loved having you here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. I am glad we were able to accommodate your request after you arrived. In the future you can submit request such as these during the booking process. If we can assist you while you are staying with us feel free to ask any Associate. They will be glad to help you with suggestions, details and directions to the many wonderful attractions, shopping venues and dining options located in our area.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We travel to Florida at least five times a year from Texas and always stay in this hotel. It is beautiful, comfortable, convenient and clean. The beds are so comfortable. There is a park right across the street for the history buffs to see the monuments from the Civil War "Battle of Vicksburg" Recommend you eat at Rusty's Seafood and go to the Welcome Center and walk to the back terrace to overlook the Mississippi. Fantastic view.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Kitty H,
Thank you for writing a review. We are glad you chose to stay with us again. Be sure you stop to rest during your long trip. Spend a day with us in Vicksburg and take in the sites while you relax. Ask an Associate to recommend some of the great museums and historic places in the area. They can provide you with details and directions.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

The location was very nice, the decorations and lobby area was stunning. I arrived after 8pm and the whole are seemed deserted. The desk staff appeared out of nowhere, and diligently set to locating H/Honors information (which I had forgotten) and credited me for it. made arrangements to locate me where I could see my vehicle from my room, and upgraded me because she thought I could use a rest in a nice suite since I was in the process of relocating away from my family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

setroc,
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you stay here and we look forward to serving you again in the future. Our goal is to provide our guest with the best possible stay. We are glad we were able to get you your HHonors information and that you were happy with your room. Be sure to take advantage of the indoor heated pool during your next stay. It is a great way to relax, and escape the winter weather.

Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel in Dec.28th 2012 and was checking out on the 29 th. It had rained enough to cause flooding in the area of Bovina and Vicksburg, Ms. When we went to check in, they told us they had plumbing issues. . NO showers. My mom asked me if we should stay. I asked her if there was use of the toilets. She went in and asked. NO toilets either. They were handing out bottled waters and the bar was open. This was at 10:30 p.m. My mom then asked if there was a reduction on the room since it was really only a bed we would be getting. Possibly breakfast?
They said that since we already had a gov. discount that, " we already had a discount". Also said that there was a Hampton inn in Clinton, ms maybe a hour away. Or we could go to Monroe, La, which was 2 hours away. Monroe was an hour away, but it was raining.
We didn't stay at this Hampton Inn. We left and stayed at tbe Hampton Inn in Clinton, Ms
it was late and we were tired. Needed a shower and toilet.
Experience would have been fine except for the rude staff.

• Stayed: December 2012
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

2floridah,
Thank you for letting us know about your experience. We apologize for the service you received. The water situation was beyond our control and we were attempting to make the best of it for our guest. You were welcome to stay with us, but we understand your reasons for leaving. We will address the service issue with our staff to insure that this does not occur again. We invite you give us the opportunity to earn back your business during a future stay with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights in early December. Hotel is easily located off of the Interstate and clearly marked. The hotel lobby is large, bright and inviting. The check-in process was quick and the staff very pleasant. The breakfast/happy hour seating hour is located next to the lobby. The morning breakfast options were extensive and the food area was spotless and clean. Evening happy hour included beer and wine, and snack food (cheese and crackers, nuts, etc)

The room was well appointed and very very comfortable. Great bed and pillows - large bathroom was very clean. The only improvement I can recommend is that the air conditioner/heater in the room was very loud when it kicked on and off - but I was able to compensate for that noise by keep the fan in the ON position rather that having the unit kick on from an otherwise silent room.

Overall, very very nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Ron B, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

rca19,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We enjoyed having you here and we look forward to serving you again. We are glad you liked the breakfast and evening reception. We apologize about the inconvenience caused by the air conditioner/heating unit in your room. Maintenance checks these regularly to insure they are functioning properly and we will have the one in your room looked at. If you ever have a concern or question during a stay with us, just ask any Associate, they will be glad to help.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My daughter and I recently were returning to Texas from a trip to Georgia and we decided that Vicksburg would be a perfect stop. We wanted to see the Vicksburg Military Park, too, but it was late and dark when we finally pulled off I-20. This was the first hotel we came to and it looked inviting. It was Thanksgiving Day and we didn't have a reservation, but we were accommodated with a very nice room with a king bed. The room was clean and comfortable with work space and a large bathroom, big TV, and good bed. The next morning we enjoyed the free breakfast -- fresh made waffles, coffee, juices, cereals, hot sausage patties, etc. The dining area was fairly crowded due to a business group that had booked into the hotel, but nothing overwhelming. The best thing about the hotel is that it is directly across the street from the entrance to the Vicksburg National Military Park, which I didn't know when I pulled in there the night before. This made it super convenient to spend a couple of hours touring the park. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. It's just a tiny bit on the pricey side, but you get what you pay for and I'd rather pay a little more and get a good hotel room. This hotel was worth it. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Texcee
BCG_Ron, Public Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Texcee,
It was great having you here and we look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thank you for writing a review of your stay with us. Vicksburg is a town with a lot of history. If you are interested, there are several museums also located close to the hotel. Any Associate would be glad to help you with suggestions and details during your next stay.