“Stayed 1 night, charged for 3” 1 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Howard Johnson Vicksburg
Ranked #23 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Stayed 1 night, charged for 3”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Like many other people on here, I stayed for one night night and was charged for 3. I have just begun the process to get my money back. Now, I'm worried that I'll never get my money back. Do not stay at this hotel, just drive an extra 10 feet to stay at another hotel. It is not worth it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tinapunk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I was over charged and faxed the manager everything he needed and its been a month now and he just tells me what i want to here. He is a liar and a criminal. We should all start a lawsuit. I just had to report it to my banks fraud system and i'm going to cancel the card we used. Also i'm calling the better business bereau.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank madtexan2

Travelers are raving about these Vicksburg hotels

Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

After opening our room to extremely strong perfume odors... we realized there were also roaches. The beds were extremely wrinkled and seemed slept in. When asked for a refund, were told they wouldn't do it. (Were told we should look before we pay.) We will NEVER stay at a Super 8 again. This particular property steals your $ in my opinion.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Milton, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

Nice room if you like paying $66 for third-world accommodations. Among the many fine selling points, my wife and I were blessed with hair-infested towels and beds, a used toilet and an interesting black muck in the bottom of the bathtub. Nevertheless, what I was really after was merely a cool reprieve from the sweltering southern summer sun. Fortunately I was able to swap the scorching summer sunlight for the pressurized blast furnace heat of my cozy hair-laden room. Despite the air conditioning being set to “wintry arctic blast” the room got no cooler than a crisp 95 degrees Fahrenheit. No matter, I had a television, which was soiled in got only knows what bodily fluids and a zippy wireless internet connection that moved with the rapidity of molasses streaming out of a jar in a frozen tundra. Needless to say I have already booked return reservations for room 211 at the Motel 8 for my next trip to Vicksburg. Mind you, it’s not that I am a glutton for punishment, nor that I have a fetish for wanton hair, bodily fluid stains or black tub muck, but when you lose five pounds in one night’s stay, those are results not even Jenny Craig can touch.

-Adam S.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SardonicCritic
Denton, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

The accommodations were sufficient; however the beds & pillows were quite uncomfortable. But the main issue that we had with the Super8 in Vicksburg was the customer service or lack there of.

We stayed ONE night yet were billed for TWO.

We have tried everything to get the charge reversed and they have done everything in their power to keep our money! So if you have an issue with this...save your time and contact an attorney immediately. It will save you the headaches of them saying 'its in the mail' or 'we send it by wire' or 'we sent it overnight mail' when it never was and they never intended to...so just save yourself the trouble and stay somewhere else!

If you do stay there...check your account that it was billed to (not your checkout receipt)...carefully and cross your fingers!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank FHome
Big Spring, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

Traveling with a group after visiting some of the sites of Vicksburg, we decide to spend the night at the Super8 as it was close by. When we checked-in, the evening clerk appeared to have problems, she ran the credit cards twice, saying that the first time it didn't process. Low and behold that was inaccurate. This where the nightmare begins. Upon returning home and checking my credit card charges online, it was discovered that indeed we were charged twice for the same rooms. I called the motel and the day clerk said she was unable to resolve this problem. She referred me to Mike Desai, the manager, in which I ask to speak with. She informed me he wasn't at the motel often but would have him call me. I waited till the next day, and received no call. In short, it took several calls before I actually was able to speak with "Mike". He claimed during the first call that he had processed a credit for the double charge. After a few days, the credit never posted. I went through the same lengthy process of contacting Mike again. He claimed something must have gone wrong with the credit processing and that he would reenter it. I waited the prescribed time and no credit was posted. By now I was getting frustrated with trying to resolve this issue and the managers apparent lack of knowledge or will to issue the credit. (Amazing the actual charges posted overnight, but for some reason it takes weeks for credits to process, must be a difference in techology!!! NOT!!!!). I decide to contact the corporate office to seek assistance with this credit problem, they advise me that this particular motel is independently owned and they have to allow "Mike" time to resolve it. I contact Mike once again at motel, he claims he will send the money via Western Union, since the credits aren't working. Well, guess what, the money is never posted or received at Western Union as promised. Yet another lie from Mike. I finally get hold of a lady named "Mary" at the corporate complaint center, she listens to what I have been through already from to the start. She claims to send some internal request to "Mike" that he will have to respond to in 24 hours and that she will get this resolved and will call me back the following evening. When she doesn't call as promised, I call her number only to get another person on the following day (which is now 2 days later than her promised call). I find out she is not available for some reason, but I get hold of her supervisor, he reviews my complaint and says he will issue a check for a refund. He further advises me that it will take up to 2-1/2 weeks for the check to be processed. Low and behold I have finally received the check, no letter or notice of apology, nothing but just a check. The other travelers with me, are still having the smae problems getting their overcharged money returned to them. My questions is how many people have been overcharged and just gave up trying to get their money returned to them. Next question, is "Mike" using these monies for additional personal income, is he that incompetent, or is he funding AlQuida??????????????????? At any rate, I am thoroughly disappointed with the support from the corporate, the lack of response from "Mike", and I will never stay at a Super8 again, if I have to I will sleep under a highway bridge before I stay at a Super8 again.

Additionally, the ice machine did not work, we had to go out to a convience store to get ice, we had to go to the desk to get adequate number of towels for room, the alleged continental breakfast consisted of a lil juice, one type of cereal, a few stale bagels, and one thermos of coffee that was always empty and clerk never bother to make any more even after being asked.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank CossackWolfman
Teague, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2010

A Group of us were touring Mississippi and Louisiana April 2010 . We got 4 rooms , after getting home ,we find we were double charged for 2 of them . 5 weeks later and several phone calls later , still no check !! The guy called Mike who was supposed to be working on this would never get back w/ me . When i called he would say he was on it ,then the next time he says "Corp." was working on it , Then the Corporate office calls and wants copy's of my bank statement "PROVING" that I was over charged cause 'Mike" says he didn't overcharge us. When I asked why the burden of proof was on me and why didn't they make Mike show where he received double for those rooms I was told they didn't have access to their books . Isn't a Corp. office in charge of the stores ??Anyway, the Lady at the Corp. office ( 1-888-775-3379) was nice and promised to help . Do yourself a favor ,when you drive thru Vicksburg DON'T STAY at SUPER 8 !!!!

• Stayed April 2010