“Nice, clean, with a great view of the Mississippi River”
Review of Lady Luck Hotel

Lady Luck Hotel
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We found this hotel on the fly because Diamond Jack's lost our reservation after driving 7 hours as a mid-poin tstop in our trip from FL to TX! This hotel staff was far superior to those at Diamond Jack's. The rooms were small, but the view was great! We saw the end of a sunset over the Mississippi, and the staff recommended Rusty's restaurant for one of the best meals of our lives. Small hotel, but casino is a close walk through a corridor. Casino doesn't have many tables, lots of slots. Friendly service, would stay there again. Crowd was nicer than at DJ's too.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lady Luck Hotel

Reviewed June 7, 2009

I needed a break from my drive from St. Louis to Baton Rouge via Highway 61. The hotel and its free breakfast seemed like the place to stop. I had a king size bed in a non smoking room with a view of the Mississippi and the sunset. There were some forgiving negatives to the room-you could hear the TV in the next room through the thin connecting door, and the towels and toilet paper were thin. Oh well...I could certainly live with that,,,,but be forewarned. Also...You will be charged $1.50 for a safe (security fee) and if you are not using the safe-tell them so you won't be automatically charged. Becuase of the late hour I had dinner at the adjacent Casino's buffet restaurant-$12.95 for lots of items some good and some bad- like the dried out chicken breast. I did like the fried catfish and hush puppies and the fried chicken. Veggies were all good too. Had plenty of desserts in spite of the late hour. Room had a nice flat screen TV too.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2009

I don't normally rate things as terrible - and in my travel experience, horrible is simply few and far between. But this one did it for me. First off, we were stopping here becasue we were driving to Dallas - and if we stayed in Vicksburg, then the next morning we would only have six more hours to drive. I have stayed at casino hotels so i wasn't even worried about it - they are usually nice, clean, decently stocked, and are good middle of the road rooms. Wrong. We drive up and no joke, it looks like a motel 6. Immediately i am on the defence. Next, We booked thru orbitz. We get to the hotel casino and they tell us they don't have our reservation. Then the GM says they don't have an agreement w/ orbitz, so it would have only been a "Reservation" not a purchase to the card. Okay, whatever. It takes us 45 minutes to get in a room - did i mention it is 12:30 am and i am traveling with a 4 year old? We finally get to our room - noting the old and stinky carpets in the hallway that probably have not been vacuumed in weeks, our room is "okay" but creeped out by the dirty carpet, i pull all the covers back and decide to sleep with no covers on me, just on top of the fitted sheet. My little girl has her own blanket, so she is okay, i make her a pallet pretty much. I then get up to go to the bathroom (After i have my pjs on) - and there are ANTS all over the place! Too tired and angry to even scream about it i go in there and call the front desk to inform them. - at this point i am asked would i like a can of ant spray!!!!! it took all i had not to just yell at this lady - i tell her no, we are leaving in a few hours anyway and hang up the phone. we wake up and of course my child won't go to the bathroom in there with the ants, so (it's six a.m.) i go downstairs where the front desk lady is and remind her about the ants in our room and is there a public bathroom down here so i can take my child to the bathroom. both public restrooms are in disrepair. lovely...i ask her to find me a bathroom to take my child to and finally she decides to let me into an empty sleeping room and let us go there. this was really a terrible hotel. do not stay here. i would have rather slept in my car at a rest stop!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank laurelinn
Reviewed April 21, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the rainbow hotel for two nights. We stayed in the suite with a jacuzzi and over looking the inside pool. First off it was a HUGE aggravation having the balcony over the INSIDE pool. There were always tons of kids out there and we could hear it all even with the door closed. Our room also smelled like the pool chemicals--which was better than the cigarette smoke that the rest of the hotel smelled like. The hallways were very stale and dingy. We had a jazuzzi in our room which was nice. I really enjoyed that, but not sure I would stay again. There was a separate room with a couch, tv, chair, and refrigerator. We never used the other room except for the frig. That is where the balcony is also. The rate was really good for a "suite". I was able to get this room for $89 on orbitz. Again not sure that we would stay again. There are a lot of other choices in the area. We also walked over to the casino one night to eat at the buffet. Do NOT waste your money!!! I was so upset. If you eat nothing but crab legs this might be the place for you. There were not many choices. There were some shrimp, baked chicken, and fried shrimp. Not a variety like most places.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank summer_leanne
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Whilst on a road trip heading towards new orleans we stopped at Rainbow Casino at Vicksburg for 1 night. When booking 6 months ago this was the only river casino with rooms available. Having driven from memphis we arrived at 1.30pm. We were very abruptly told we were way to early for checkin which i have no problem with in terms of the 3pm checkin but the receptionist was very rude. We headed off to have lunch feeling bad that we had so terribly inconvenienced her.

We came back to the hotel at 4pm to checkin and there was a big line with 1 receptionist so we waited 45min to checkin. My wife and I were lucky our room was ready but most were not including our friends travelling with us. They were told to come back in 10min and the room would be ready. They did so and were sent away for an hour the next time and at 6pm were still told the room wasn't ready, but given no explanation. Cleaning trolleys filled the lower level hall so there were a lot of rooms not done.

So we could have showers etc, our friends decided to wait in reception at 6pm in view of the receptionist and wait for their room. At 7pm they still were sitting there when they asked again if the room was ready and it was finally ready 5min later. They rec'd no apology, in fact the receptionist didn't speak to them at all. I have never seen that beofre, when a room is only ready 4 hours after check in time.

Our room was ok. It was a jucuzzi suite and was old but quite spacious with a big spa tub. The common areas however were dirty and things were falling down etc. There was a mouse/rat trap outside the side entrance which stunk (was full) and the rooms and hallways smelled of stale smoke which has been trapped forever.

There seems to be a general attitude of a zero care factor at this place both in service and presentation and i would avoid staying here if at all possible.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank ShaneQld_Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2008

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. The hot tub was hot the indoor pool was COLD! The shower was luke warm. It didn't matter if it was first thing in the am or late at night. Our room had warm showers. My parents room had no complaints and they were 2 doors over. Maybe my room was on a different water heater. The food....the crab legs were the BEST we had during our stay in Mississippi.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2007

This is place was not all that. I decided to spend my labor day weekend in Vicksburg at the Rainbow. The beds are not that comfortable, the bathrooms were small and the water lukewarm so I shiverred as I took as shower. The water in the pool was overchlorinated so badly that both my eyes and lungs were hurting. On the good side, the room itself was spacious but I cannot say the same for the tiny bathroom. The hotel staff was a bit rude to me when I was in the hot tub and they told me I had to leave because my cotton shirt was gonna leave lint and jam up the filter. The selection of TV channels was good. Overall, it is a not the best place to stay. It has a decent design, no elevator. It is less than mediocre.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple