“Best restaurant in Vicksburg - bar none”

Cafe Anchuca at Anchuca Historic Mansion
Ranked #7 of 131 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: To see our current menu please visit our website. Our Café offers a casual elegant dining experience Monday - Saturday (starting at 5:30pm) and features award winning gourmet southern dishes. To start, try our Asparagus Bisque, Gumbo, Oyster Biscuit or Southern Spreads. Our Large Plates feature the Filet Mignon and other specialties include Pork & Sunday Gravy, Chicken and Dumplings, Crawfish Etouffee, Paneed Catfish, and Shrimp & Grits. Top off your dining experience with one of our homemade desserts. A full service bar is also available featuring specialty martinis, and wines by the glass. Anchuca is also open for Sunday Brunch from 11:00am.-200pm. Our Sunday Brunch is a local's favorite and a must do for tourist. Come have a "Taste of Anchuca". Reservations are encouraged, but are not necessary.
San Diego, California
“Best restaurant in Vicksburg - bar none”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I moved to Vicksburg a year ago and had the good fortune of being introduced to this restaurant in my first week here. One of the best restaurants I've ever been to - and definitely the est in Vicksburg.

I've been to dinner at least 10 times now and have never had a bad meal - in fact, I've never had an average meal. Everything has always been exceptional.

What ever you do, if you are in Vicksburg over the weekend, do NOT miss their Sunday brunch. Hands down best brunch I've ever had.

• Visited December 2013

Lucedale, MS
“Great atmosphere, great food”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had Sunday Brunch and it was one of the best sit down brunches we have had in a long, long time. I had Eggs Benedict with steak. I requested the eggs to be cooked medium and they were done perfectly. The steak was fork tender and had an excellent taste. The staff was very attentive and reliable. I will be back, the next weekend I am in Vicksburg.

• Visited February 2014
Jackson, Mississippi
“Cozy gem in Historic Vicksburg”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband and I made a reservation based upon other Trip Advisor reviews and ratings. This was very cozy restaurant in a historic home in downtown.

We were greeted by a VERY pleasant woman, named Tarsha (spelling?) who quickly showed us to our table. The dining room was warmly decorated and had old brick flooring, lending to its coziness.

Our waitstaff, Kerri, appeared at our table promptly and took our drink orders. The cosmopolitian she made was fabulous! After enjoying our cocktails, we ordered a reasonalbly priced bottle of wine along with our meal.

I had the pimiento toast (yummy and enough to share) while my husband had the gumbo. (I don't eat gumbo but he kept raving about it). My husband and I both ordered the Mushroom Ravioli (I was running a 10K the next day and carbs always good). The servings were more than generous and had left overs.

Could not go without desert and splurged on the bread pudding. Coming from New Orleans, we had high expectations and were not disappointed!

I must say that the staff here is very friendly and made the entire dining experience a delight. The hostess, Tarsha, allowed us to take an impromptu look into the main house dining area and study, where she proceeded to tell us the history of the house and its original owner, Jefferson Davis' older brother. She was so excited and enthusiastic about it. Clearly, she loved working there.

We will visit this establishment again.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Sonja U
Coon Rapids, MN
“Excellent Food”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Cafe Shrimp and Grits with Champagne Caper Sauce and Tomato Medley was outstanding; same goes for Lemon Herb Chicken with Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. Bonzo Cake is a 'death by chocolate' not to be missed.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Coon_Rapids_Traveler
Chicago, Illinois
“Great atmosphere, super friendly staff, food was fine”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

On our road trip we stopped here and we were impressed by the great atmosphere and the super friendly staff. Very pleasant and would definitely go back. Overall, the food was fine. Probably the best in town.

Visited December 2013