“Cafe' Anchuca is the Best in Vicksburg MS”

Cafe Anchuca at Anchuca Historic Mansion
Ranked #7 of 132 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: To see our current menu please visit our website. Our Café offers a casual elegant dining experience Monday - Saturday (starting at 5:30pm) and features award winning gourmet southern dishes. To start, try our Asparagus Bisque, Gumbo, Oyster Biscuit or Southern Spreads. Our Large Plates feature the Filet Mignon and other specialties include Pork & Sunday Gravy, Chicken and Dumplings, Crawfish Etouffee, Paneed Catfish, and Shrimp & Grits. Top off your dining experience with one of our homemade desserts. A full service bar is also available featuring specialty martinis, and wines by the glass. Anchuca is also open for Sunday Brunch from 11:00am.-200pm. Our Sunday Brunch is a local's favorite and a must do for tourist. Come have a "Taste of Anchuca". Reservations are encouraged, but are not necessary.
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Have eaten here many times since the cafe' has been open. The food is always cooked to perfection. Presentation is lovely. An enjoyable meal in a beautiful historical setting. Step back in time to a more relaxing atmosphere. After your meal, check out their cookbook for sale.

1  Thank JoanWamplerSmith
There are newer reviews for Cafe Anchuca at Anchuca Historic Mansion

Reviewed June 29, 2011

We ate brunch & were so-o happy W/ everything! After a disappointing dinner at Roca, we weren't sure what to expect. This place is a treat. Must try!

1  Thank Hehamero
Reviewed June 15, 2011

Anchuca is simply the best meal in town. Its only rivals are Roca and DJs, but Anchuca has better service and better atmosphere. It is small and quaint in a historic old home. The menu is limited but I’ve never had a bad meal. One of the best dinner salads I’ve ever had. The Catfish and Shrimp Florentine is very good, and I love the cheese grits. Save room for the Bonzo cake which is to die for (I’m not kidding)! I’m told lunch is great too. They are not open Sun – Tues.

Reviewed April 10, 2011

Staff was very friendly, located in a pretty area, eclectic decor, knowledgeable and helpful greeting, food was tasty although the portions were a little small, great ambiance and music

Reviewed January 30, 2011

From beginning to end, I could not, for the life of me, pick out a single thing wrong with this restaurant. The service was impeccable! Every course came out quickly and was timed just right. Our server treated us like family without being overbearing and waited on our every whim. The Filet Mignon that my fiancé had was cooked better than any five-star steakhouse that I've ever been to, you could literally cut it with a fork and it was still very moist inside. This was THE BEST birthday meal that I've ever had!

2  Thank Cortland M