See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 21, 2015 via mobile

Was very tired and not feeling so great so had to stop without doing much research on hotels in the area. We were very happy with the hotel. Room was picture perfect. King size bed very comfortable. Bathroom big. No foul order or noise. The staff were very accommodating and kind. We would definitely stay again.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Debra A
Reviewed November 15, 2015 via mobile

Settle in. .this is a tirade. I'm writing this on the last of a two night stay. Tomorrow check out can't come soon enough! The service is deplorable under new ownership! Deluxe is only in the name. It stops at the marquis sign.

Four of us and our well-behaved Cavalier King Charles Spaniel came to visit Vicksburg National Battlefield from Chicago and the reviews on this place were really good, price was reasonable and location very convenient. I can only assume that the reviewers all stayed here prior to new owners taking over recently or are related to them!
Upon check in, I asked to see our room since we're all sensitive to smoke and one of us had asthma - and even though we always request a non-smoking room, you just never know. The first non smoking room was disgusting. .reeked of smoke. The woman in the office offered a can of deodorizer. She was very nice about it, but she wasn't the owner. The second room was much cleaner and fresher smelling, so we settled on that one.

After we settled in, I noticed that the bed had a ripped coverlet and there was no bottom sheeet, just the mattress pad.
I called the front desk and they came up and put a new sheet on. That was my first introduction to the new owner and he wasn't cordial at all. He seemed irritated that he had to put the sheet on. I requested a couple of extra pillows since the ones provided were thin and flat. He said that they didn't have extra pillows but had some on order. That was the first red flag. He said they'd just taken the place over... that was the second flag since the reviews I based my decision on were all a little older.
When I checked the shower, I unplugged the drain and noticed a clump of blonde hair! I called the front desk again and the owner was very defensive and said that you could find hair in all drains. Seriously, that's what he said. He also said that they weren't a chain, implying that I had lofty expectations. My expectation is that the room is clean and stocked.
There were only 2 towels. .there were four of us. Asking the owner for extra towels was akin to asking for a body organ.
The second day, I asked for extra towels again from the other owner whom I suspect to be the owner's mother. She argued that there were 4 towels in our room. I told her there were 3..and we needed a couple of more. Again she argued that there were 3..it got ridiculous. She was arrogant and rude. She pursed her lips and said they were a small business and didn't have a laundry room. Again, you'd have thought I asked for a vital organ when she handed me towels.
And tonight, we ran out of toilet paper, which by the way, was only half a roll full when we arrived. Apparently, housekeeping doesn't bother changing the rolls til they're empty. Called the front desk again. ..owner was very put out and told me to come down to the office to get a roll. I was briefly tempted to drive to Walmart to buy my own, but I sent my husband down because I didn't want any further interactions with these ridiculous people. He came back and said it was like being handed gold, rather than cheap toilet paper. At least it wasn't just me! !

I gave this 1 star because you can't rate less. The room we're in IS relatively clean, price is reasonable if you come with NO expectations (pet fee is $25, higher than the Quality Inn directly across from National Park entrance!!) and the location is very convenient to everything.
I would never recommend this place, though, especially when there are so many better choices within the area, all within the same price range and with management that cares about more than just running your credit card.
The new owners are clearly not interested in upgrading this place and certainly don't value the satisfaction or return business of their guests. They're incredibly cheap and extremely rude. So much for Southern hospitality.

Here's the summary: Definitely a 1-2star motel, small rooms, no sitting chair, incredibly small bathroom, one hanger - one. Double, not queen beds, although fairly comfortable mattresses, dry air quality, reasonable soundproofing, decent shower pressure, plenty of hot water, stable wi fi, but bring your own hair dryer, pillows, towels and toilet paper. .it's not worth the grief to ask. Better yet, if you're coming to Vicksburg stay somewhere else! These people don't belong in the hospitality business.

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank ApopNation
Reviewed October 11, 2015

We stayed at the Deluxe Inn on our way home to Texas from Florida. We were really tired and wanted a comfortable place to stay for one night. This place was perfect. Manager was extremely personable and even came to the room to put batteries in the remote. The room was really clean with a big screen tv. We are wanting to come back to Vicksburg to explore it more thoroughly and plan to stay here.

Room tip: We were on the first floor as we are both handicapped, and the view wasn't important.
Date of stay: October 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2015

A REAL GEM! Take exit 3, off I-20, on the frontage road. What a find! Recently updated, with large flat screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, small coffeemaker. Nice beds with fluffy comforter. The rates are low, the management is super nice. Very quiet, even though it is near the freeway. NO complaints. I HIGHLY recommend the Deluxe Inn.

Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank SDM3113
Reviewed July 16, 2015

We were able to get our key and do the paperwork just before noon so we could drive 300 miles to our destination and 300 miles back and get in bed before midnight. Bed was good, comforter was nice touch. Big TV, not HD. Bathroom has no elbow room. Mirror too low on wall, I had to bend over. Good safe location, no foot traffic. According to GPS, Cracker Barrel, Waffle House and Shoney's are within 1.5 miles.

Date of stay: July 2015