“Catfish heaven”

Ranked #2 of 134 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This restaurant had the best catfish I have ever had. The cheese grits were also great. For dessert we had a key lime pie and a coconut cream pie----both outstanding! If you are in Vicksburg you have to eat at this place. We saw lots of locals there for lunch.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

A pleasant friendly greeting on entry was the beginning of a pleasant dinner. Had the option being seated in the bar area or in the dining room. Selected the dining room. There are no river views but It still is nice to be able to see outside. My server was excellent (Anna)- just the right amount of attention without being overbearing. Was never rushed. The food was good. I had stuffed grouper with green beans. It was delicious. I tried the bread pudding for desert. It was okay Would have been great except the topping was too sweet for my tastes - even so I did enjoy it.

Would I eat here - Absolutely!!

1  Thank njslim
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Does one dish make a restaurant great? Maybe not but the seafood pasta was right up there with the best I have ever had! The person who took me to Rusty's had been there several times and enjoyed every dish she had ordered. The cooler case by the front door as some great looking dessert, but I was too full. Maybe next time, just coffee and dessert!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Traveling west from our summer home in TN. Great service. Food was sublime. Very competitively priced.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

It was highly rated on here so we went and kinda wish we didn't. First the riverfront is a joke bc there is noooo river to see from here. it was very busy and got table kinda fast. Our server Heidi was the best thing there. The spinach and artichoke dip was sour and chips were stale, the baked potatoes come with butter and sour cream on the side only. My husbands stuffed grouper was burnt and over cooked, my scallops were good and big but the cheese grits were horrible and I only had 2 bites. The house wine was good and cheap and the cosmos were strong and worth the $7. The restaurant was small, loud and crowded, we should of gone to Rocas bc we wanted a nice place not an in and out turn and burn kind of place. Wont be back just bc its not our kinda place.