“A Favorite for Good Reason”

Rusty's Riverfront Grill
Ranked #2 of 133 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is located across the street from the New and Wonderful Lower Mississippi River Museum, and I stopped in for lunch after my tour there. It was just as the lunch crowd was starting to thin out a little, and it's easy to see why every seat was filled when I arrived. First, the staff is excellent. Friendly, attentive and professional. I was greeted by my server immediately after I sat down; the menu offfers so many choices that it's hard to decide what to order, but I had a soft shelled crab Po-boy which was very, very good. Because it is on the riverfront, the pictures on the walls of the main dining room as well as the bar area, where several patrons chose to sit at the bar and eat, depict the riverboats, floods, and historic city scenes that make Vicksburg such a neat place to visit. The atmosphere, service and food quality of Rusty's have made it one of my new favorites. Be sure to arrive with an empty stomach

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The Poboys were great. The service is excellent also. Vicksburg is a tired town...too bad..I'm sure it was great in it's day. We're looking forward to a tour of the Battlefield.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We ate at Rusty's as a result of several recommendations by locals, as well as seeing it several times as we travelled US61 business right there in Vicksurg. The location is a good one, on the other side of the road from the Mississippi river. I had the special, which was a nice fish filet (I don't recall exactly what fish, but I think is was tilapia), blackened, with a nice creamy sauce on it. The wife had the fried gulf shrimp. Both dishes were excellent. Good service. Would go out of my way to eat there again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fantastic seafood. Very nice staff with efficient service. Found this resturant due to online reviews- totally agree with the high ratings and would recommend to others. ( Appears that locals enjoy it also- so go early)

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food was decent. I had the crabcake salad. Atmosphere was nice. Good location close to the river. Would eat there again.