“Where the locals go”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Monument, Colorado
“Where the locals go”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Downtown Vicksburg was pretty dead on a Friday night until we pulled up to Rusty's, which was full with a short waiting list. This is a casual place with good food. My husband had a po-boy and I had the crabcake salad - both were excellent. Had to ask for the rolls we saw served at another table and we were glad we did!

Visited September 2012

Greenville
“Nothing special”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had shrimp poor boys for lunch. The bread was to thick and very chewy. The onion rings were nothing special. They were frozen onion rings. There were about eight shrimp on the sandwich. The service was very slow. It was very noisy. I will not go back. There has got to be better places to eat lunch in vicksburg.

• Visited September 2012
Selbyville, Delaware
“Below expectations”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Passed through Vicksburg and went to Rusty's based on reviews. Apparently they were having an off night. Got there at 5PM to beat the reported rush and was the only one at the bar. Bartender was friendly but distracted by other wait staff. After ordering a cocktail and dinner, I asked that my meal not be served until I finished my drink. Meal came out 3-4 minutes later. Blackened shrimp was so salty, I couldn't eat it. Wasn't asked if I'd like dessert, another drink, just unceremoniously handed the check. Rusty's high marks makes me wonder what other area restaurants must be like.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank OpaSteve
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“good food and good prices.”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

One of the best places in town for seafood/fish. On fridays and saturdays the wait can be a bit, just go earlier or later and you'll be fine. Definately causual, and sometimes a bit noisy with all the locals that know each other - but this is a good find for the folks traveling through Vicksburg.
Save room for their deserts

Visited August 2012
Hot Springs Village, AR
“Best meal of our vacation”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I were on our way back home from our vacation and stopped in Vicksburg for the night. I had read about Rusty's, so we decided to try it. It was a Saturday night, so it was crowded. We were told it would be an hour wait, but we were lucky and scored a seat at the bar. We ordered our dinner there. We had read about the fried green tomatoes and heard it was a large appetizer, so we ordered that and crab claws as our meal. Both were large portions and all we could eat. Both were delicious. We will eat there again next time we are in Vicksburg.

• Visited August 2012