“Watch the video and tour yourself”
Review of Anchuca Mansion

Anchuca Mansion
Ranked #12 of 40 things to do in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour Anchuca Mansion,Vicksburg's first Columned Mansion and the town's first antebellum homes to open to the public for daily tours in 1955. This Greek revival landmark, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, opens it doors to visitor from 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. Walk in the footsteps of many famous Americans, including President Jefferson Davis, to see the opulent interiors with fine antiques and art representing the past three centuries.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We appreciated the great beauty and history of Anchuca. The ghost stories that I read on-line were so exciting! However, the staff guided us to a table to watch a video and told us to feel free to walk through ourselves. Not what we had in mind!

There are newer reviews for Anchuca Mansion

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived in Vicksburg with no reservation anywhere and able to get in at this B & B. Spacious room and modern bath in the attached building overlooking courtyard. Mansion allows a self guided tour after watching a short video. Dinner in the restaurant was relaxing and delicious. My wife and I both had the sea bass special and were not disappointed. Staff attentive, courteous, and congenial---and busy! the pool was inviting but not enough time to enjoy. Would certainly recommend this property. Surrounding neighborhood appears to be in a stage of renewal.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My wife and I had a really nice experience at Anchuca. Restaurant is in the back portion of beautiful and historic Anchuca Bed & Breakfast. Reserved a table for 6:00 dinner. Were served good wines and great salads with meal. I had the sea bass special - delicious and a nice size portion. My wife had the Shrimp & Grits. No room for dessert.

1  Thank CassidyBayou
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place was a disappointment. Dispite there only being 10 customers, the service was very bad. The staff appeared to be unorganized and rarely in the dining room. We could hear them clanking around in the kitchen and microwaving the food. We had the gumbo and the asparagus soup. Both were tasty, but there was no crackers or bread served. My mushroom ravioli was lukewarm and overly rich with butter and cream. This dining experience was unpleasant and time consuming.

2  Thank RebcasBucketList
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Vicksburg, and this is where I usually stay, but if you can't stay, still stop by for a self-guided tour. While the furniture you see here is not original to the house, it does represent what a wealthy merchant would have furnished a house with in Antebellum times. My favorite things are the staircase, and the fabulous curtains in the formal parlor, although there are plenty of other antiques to see throughout the various rooms. For such a relatively small space, this is probably the most opulent home in town, although quite a bit smaller than Cedar Grove. Tom and Chris are both from the area and are the most gracious people you'll ever meet. Also, Cafe Anchuca, featuring Chris's brilliant culinary talent, has become THE place to dine, if you're looking for a memorable experience. It's hard to find enough praise to bestow upon these gentlemen; they richly deserve it for creating and maintaining the nicest place in town AND Maintaining the quality of every single detail without exception over the 14 years I've been a loyal guest.

2  Thank Natchez6