“Can't say this has ever happened before”
Review of Duffs Tavern and Grill - CLOSED

Duffs Tavern and Grill
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

My husband and I were in Vicksburg for the afternoon. We drove around downtown and decided to stop at Duff's for lunch. I am not sure why a sign or some other type of notice was not given, but the restaurant should have closed for the afternoon or evening. We went in, were quickly told to sit where we wanted in the dining room and given drink options in five seconds. And then we waited. And waited. After 35 minutes, my husband and I were told that there was an electrical problem in the kitchen. The one waiter said they could not fix us anything. We never gave our orders, so we left with having just had a Coke and a water. It's a shame, because their prime rib po-boy sounded like something to try.

2  Thank dcb0602

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Eat there both nights when I visited Riverfest in 2009. This year was told a set menu was on offer.The quality of the menu matched what it was written , a poorly photocopied and torn A4 piece of paper with a coice of Red Rice and Beans, Hot Dog, burger and something else. What a load of Rubbish. Decide to just have a beer but the service was awful no eye contact at lall I practically had to shout the waitrees to get a drink. She seemed preocupied with her daughter or whoever.

I never went back and won't after that poor performance. What has happened.

1  Thank markrockman
Reviewed May 6, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here on our first night in Vicksburg as recommended by our host from a local bed and breakfast. My husband had the seafood platter and was very pleased. I had the Chicken Marsala, and while it wasn't the best I have had, it was pretty good. We would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed April 6, 2012

they didnt even get my order right i told them med well that didnt happen and WAY OVER PRICED 27 dollars on a steak

1  Thank Nicole John B
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This place is certainly the best of what's available in this small downtown. Unfortunately, it's the "best of the rest" scenario here.
Food is pretty much non-descriptive fried pub food.
Not worth a visit.