“Great local restaurant !!”

Walnut Hills Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 137 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Everything outstanding and thanks to our server Charles we had a great dinner. My wife had fried chicken which she says is the best ever. Fresh veggies are super.

Wrap up with coconut pie and don't share!'

Beautiful old home near the river

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great food, but service can be slow. Don't eat here if you are in a hurry. If you have the time though food is delicious! Excellent catfish. Get the grilled corn.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

My husband and I split this dish, including creamed sweet potatoes and spinach. Portions are large, so splitting was perfect. Chicken was good, potatoes were almost too sweet, though they said no sugar was added. The big disappointment was key lime pie. It was thick and heavy, almost like a tasteless thick-as-a-brick cheesecake. Don't waste your $ on it. I'm guessing the coconut pie was likely similar.
Overall though, it was fine. And they have music on Fri./Sat. nights.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Great restaurant with super fried chicken, and the best dessert this side of Heaven! It was so good - we are still dreaming about it!!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I ate here for our first trip to Vicksburg. They had a blues guy singing which we really enjoyed! The service was great, and the atmosphere was very relaxing. He had the fried chicken with mashed potatoes- potatoes were super yummy! I had the vegetable soup which was so-so....I should have went with something more filling, but my husband loved the chicken!

Been to Walnut Hills Restaurant? Share your experiences!