“Very informative”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Very informative”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The murals are very well painted and give an excellent history of Vicksburg - both industrially and, more importantly, regarding the civil war.

Visited October 2013

Stephenville, Texas
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Great foreground to the river”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I took photos but not including them here. They are on my Facebook album, Run Dog Run. The American Queen stern-wheeeler was lowering her gang plank in the background. Made me wish to have been alive in the 1800's when life ....and politics were quite a bit different. Extremely well done murals.

1 Thank bobinman1
New England - USA
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Loving Artistic Effort”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I absolutely LOVED this attraction. I walked the entire length of the many lovingly painted art murals twice, pausing to study each one, and photographing many. I have never seen something like this before in all my travels. I like American history, and I got plenty of it here. The pictures seem almost alive. What a huge amount of loving artistic effort went into the creation of these paintings. Get out of your car and soak in the experience. Don't just drive by.

1 Thank KayTee9
Melbourne
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Informative and interesting”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

A great way to present information of the history of the area in an informal and informative way. This was a great one for families as you can just wander past at your own pace and not worry about bothering anyone

Drogheda
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 145 helpful votes
“Interesting if You Know the Area”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I was accompanied by friends from Vicksburg who were able to explain to me the history and significance of the murals. If I had just viewed them alone as a tourist then I would not have appreciated them so much.

Visited November 2013