“Absolutely the best tamales I've ever had”
Review of Solly's Tamales

Solly's Tamales
Ranked #24 of 131 Restaurants in Vicksburg
Cuisines: American
Minnesota
“Absolutely the best tamales I've ever had”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Solly's is hardly anything to look at and at first look, you may think you should skip it. Don't! If you enjoy tamales, and I do, well these are awesome. I am so glad I decided to stop and sorry I didn't grab a dozen more for later!

There is limited place to dine in and most do take out, but regardless, the tamales were some of the best I've had and I grew up by the border......

Visited November 2013
2 Thank BorealForestDweller

Chicago, Illinois
“Get em and freeze em”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Every time I am in Vicksburg I buy 3 or 4 dozen, take them home and freeze them for when I really have a hankering for them. Usually with beer, friends and a ball game. Better than pizza.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank TimJBaker
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Great traditional tamales.”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Great old style tamales. Corn-husk wrapped, then foil wrapped per dozen, then newspaper wrapped to keep them warm. You can load up a few dozen for your cooler and microwave them. They came out great a day later. Mild with a small hint of spice. If you want to juice them up, use the salsa or the hot sauce of your choice.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Toastmaster2D2
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good tamales”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The tamales were tasty but pretty small. The prices are excellent and they also have pralines. They aren't as good as the one's in Savannah..but do satisfy your sweet tooth!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank tinaz494
Venice, Florida
“Tamale Trail”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm trying to hit as many places as I can on the Tamale Trail. Starting at Solly's was the thing to do. These have been the best I've had so far. Ms. Betty is a real treat to talk with and it's a great place to people watch. Now I'll have to have a couple of dozen shipped home to share with my friends.

Visited August 2013