“fun!”
Review of The Tomato Place

The Tomato Place
Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a fun place! Quirky, friendly and full of good things to eat. Too bad we were traveling and couldn't take advantage of all the wonderful produce offered.

1  Thank anne g

Reviewed October 9, 2013

I've stopped at the Tomato Place numerous times and love it, one of my g'children's favorite little stops! Good food, fresh vegetables, jams, jellies, preserves, birdhouses, yard ornaments, honey...and great, friendly, southern hospitality!! If you're looking for a fancy spot, keep driving, but if you're looking for a little quaint spot to grab a bite to eat, or maybe some fresh fruit, etc. take a few minutes to check it out.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Everything we've tried at the Tomato Place is great! My favorites are the BLT packed with the freshest garden-grown tomatoes, the tomato pie, and, of course, their smoothies, of which there seems to be an endless number of flavors, all delicious. My husband loves the catfish plate. We always come away with a bottle of Mississippi Fever and bags of the best roasted peanuts around. All served with a welcoming smile. We love this place!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We were already near this place so we decided to try it out. Looks like an Old shack. Pretty small inside, a few tables outside. The view isn't appealing really and there was some smell from out back. The Food we ordered at least was great. Catfish, BLT, etc. the MS Fever sauce with the fish was very unique and tasty. I'd go back if I were in the vicinity. It's a small shack, friendly people with good food. Nothing more. You can buy some fresh veggies and preserves etc.

1  Thank Stark2001
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stopped here based on the review we saw online. It was not worth the time it took to find and stop. I wanted hot boiled peanuts and preserves / jams. There were maybe 5 bottles of plum jam, nothing else, no preserves, no other jellies or jams.

The peanuts while boiled were in a refrigerator and when we asked for fresh, hot boiled peanuts... We were offered to microwave them. What!? Um no thank you!

There was also a promise of PoBoys online.... There were no Poboys and sandwiches were created in a scary looking toaster oven.

They did have stone ground grits that we were excited about till we learned they were $12 for a small container. I buy them cheaper online!

Overall we were very disappointed... In short It was not worth our time!