“Free & good for kids”

24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Free & good for kids”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

As others have mentioned, there are lots of inter-active displays and a ship to explore, so this seems to be a good stop for those traveling with children. However, as there is not much about the history of the river or adult-level explanations of the challenges in flood / course control, it was a disappointment. (been through lots of ships, most recently at Patriots Point).

Visited November 2013

Saint Francisville, Louisiana
“I was genuinely Surprised!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I visited here and we were not expecting much, but it was a truly wonderful museum. Lots of hands on exhibits and we loved playing on the attached boat. Plus Rusty's restaurant is right across the street!

Visited November 2013
Starkville, Mississippi
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Love the history, keep going back!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

It helps that the LMRM is free, but I keep going back for the history. I love watching the film at the beginning (optional) and walking through (self guided). I have been to the LMRM three times. I always enjoy touring the ship, and even my teenage brother loved it! So much fun- I felt like a kid again. The first time I went through I was just with my brother. We spent an hour at the museum (or under). The last time I went, I dragged my parents along and we spent about an hour and a half exploring.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank jessyjolly88
Churchland, North Carolina, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice displays.”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We went close to closing 5:00pm and was unable to spend alot of time here. What we did see was very well done. I think it is worth the stop.

Visited August 2013
Hernando, Mississippi
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very interesting and free also”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Enjoyed the experience, especially the tour of the USS Mississippi river boat. Was a great learing experience with some exhibits designed specially for younger children

Visited September 2013