Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg
Travelocity
Courtyard Vicksburg(Vicksburg)
$159
Courtyard
All reviewscinnamon rollsfront deskroom was cleannice hoteloutlet mallwould stay here againwine and beereasy accessnice breakfastconvenient locationfirst floorstaff was friendlyspent one nightnational battlefieldroad tripenjoyed my stayhappy hour
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Stayed 2 nights while visiting Vicksburg; staff was very friendly and accomodating. Found hotel and grounds to be very clean and well kept. Location close to highway and also a variety of food while being close to the attractions as well.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Wade E
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I only stayed here for one night. The room and bathroom were clean. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The breakfast in the morning was good, it isn't great, but it is a free breakfast. The impressive part is that it is a hot free breakfast and not just donuts and pastries with juice. This is a clean comfortable stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of nights. The rooms were clean. The only complaint was the breakfast on the first morning. It wasn't that great. I went to get a milk, that was not expired, and when I poured it on my cereal, it was curdled. I'm assuming someone put it back in the refrigerator after it had been out for a while. The lady appologized. I just was afraid to open any other milk. The pancake cooker was broken too. The next morning, the breakfast was a little better.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear treyJB,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you like our clean rooms. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and we regret the breakfast selections did not live up to your expectations. We have taken note of your valuable comments and the opportunities to improve, as these enables us to target problem areas and take actions accordingly.

Thanks again for your valued feedback. We will ensure your review are passed onto the appropriate department who always strive to ensure our guests expectations are always exceeded.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

After staying at a nice HIE the night previous, we opted to try the same brand. The front desk was helpful and courteous (Thank you, Ebony) and even recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner (Go have a steak at the Beechwood Restaurant before you leave Vicksburg. You'll be glad you did). The room was clean and cool when we arrived...it even smelled good! The kids enjoyed the pool and the jetted tub. I enjoyed a comfortable bed and a good sized room. Breakfast was good as well.
The only downfall of the hotel was having to witness a very loud argument among the cleaning staff the following day. As we loaded our car (on the side of the hotel near the rear entrance) there were cleaning staff screaming at one another under the portico (in the front of the hotel). It was extremely unprofessional behavior and I did not enjoy having to listen to it, nor was I happy that my children were having to hear it. I don't know who was running the front desk that morning (it was not Ebony) but I hope they handled the issue. We got out of there as quickly as possible.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Checked into the hotel right after a violent storm had blown through town. Most of the area was without power, but the Holiday Inn was up. The staff was very apologetic about the situation and explained up front that no TV or WiFi was available yet. Nice quiet place off I-20 and very near the discount malls and Cracker Barrel. Sunday morning the breakfast room was packed, but the food was good and plentiful. Recommend it when visiting the Battlefield Museum or area.

Room Tip: Parking can be tight. Try to get a spot near the side or rear doors for easy access.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business