“Service and Sunset”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

We visited the casino on Easter weekend. It is situated on the Mississippi River and looks like a Riverboat. There is a buffet and steakhouse here as well as different entertainment areas. The city of Vicksburg was featuring blues shows throughout the city and we saw John Nesmeth at the casino. We also ate at the buffet but that is another review.

I won $128, so all was good but that isn't the main reason for this review...it is the service. My husband and I wanted to get a shot of the sunset and we were having difficulty finding the right spot. My husband asked one of the managers in the parking deck and he asked one of the drivers to take us over to the visitor's center for a good shot. The driver, Carl, took us to various spots until we found what we were looking for. He stayed with us until we were ready to go back to the casino and even asked if we wanted to go back to the hotel instead. That was service!

1  Thank Hrpamw
in 8 reviews
"heritage"
"soda"

Reviewed April 11, 2014

My husband and I just stayed here with a 1-year old for an evening, passing through town. The staff was very unfriendly and unenergetic. The room was quite large, but we found it to be unclean. Luckily, I had some wet ones to go around and clean the place. There was dried, crusty food or drink on the carpet, toothpaste spots all over the mirror, mildew spots on the shower curtain, and the bathroom looked like it needed a good mopping and wipe down with some bleach. The bed was super uncomfortable and loud whenever I would turn in bed. If we ever pass through in the future, I will try another hotel in the area.

1  Thank singgirl17
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Didn't experience any big payouts just enough to keep you playing for a little bit. Too smoky. Really need to have a larger non smoking section.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I recently visited four casinos in Vicksburg; none of them is outstanding but Ameristar is the best of the lot. The casino is clean and fairly well run although getting a drink often requires a long wait. I would rank the casinos as follows--1. Ameriistar, 2. Diamond Jacks, 3. Riverwalk, and 4. Lady Luck.

See more reviews
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Whenever I come home, we always visit the Ameristar buffet. Friday and Saturday nights are the best with all you can eat crab legs. I also enjoy the self serve coffee and soda on the casino floor. This past time was introduced to Willy Wonka 3d experience. Loved it. It was fun singing the songs and winning the prizes. Went home $75 dollars richer which is not the norm for me. Can't wait to play again.