“Our "Go To" Casino in Vicksburg”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

It is funny to read the mixed reviews on Trip Advisor. This is not Las Vegas (or even Shreveport) people. It is a fun stop for the weary traveler along I20, a different activity for the history buff tourists, and a good weekend hangout for locals. My husband and I always stop here on our way through Mississippi on I20. The staff is friendly, the drinks are good, and the seafood buffet is nice. I recommend this casino over others in the area.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is the largest and best-decorated of the four remaining Vicksburg casinos. Plenty of tables and slots of all denominations. (The buffet is mediocre, however.)

1  Thank DalTx214
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My hubby and I spent a few nights in Vicksburg recently, and went to the
Ameristar Casino twice. We really enjoyed the fact that it was less "smokey", not too loud, and had a nice layout. Hubby played slots and had a really good time, and I decided to learn the "Black Jack/3-Card Poker" table game.

This casino had the kindest, most patient dealers, who explained things to me and allowed me to learn to play. I really appreciated the low table minimums and had a very good time. I ended up getting two straight flushes in two days on the poker part of the game, thus won a "bunch" of money. I really enjoyed this casino a lot, and we will probably be back again in the future. I really wish I could remember the names of the dealers, they were fantastic!

Great place for gaming fun.

1  Thank mambomamma
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

I’m glad you and your husband had a fun time during your visit! We appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our dealers. Thanks for sharing your review and for being our guest.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This location has a RV park near the casino. The facility is great. It is near the MS river and very close to the historical attractions. Free shuttle to the casino 24 hours. The bathrooms/showers and laundry facilities are very clean. The attendant at the registration desk is very nice. The campsites are paved with full hookups. I would highly recommend to anyone traveling through the area.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thank you for your recommendation and for visiting! I’m glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stopped for a few hours and hubby won so it was great. Friendly people. Easy to find and get around and many good slots and tables.