“Bad casino imho”

Ameristar Casino Vicksburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Vicksburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Lively and popular casino features over 1,300 slots and video poker machines, a variety of table games and special player events and promotions such as double point days and slot tournaments.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Exterior of the casino is very pretty - looks like an old riverboat. Inside - not so. Buffet is not good at all. We have been to casinos in Las Vegas, Louisiana, most of the casinos in Mississippi and one in Alabama. In my opinion, Ameristar is one of the worst and I would not go back. We only stayed and played for about an hour but that was more than enough.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

I am so sorry to hear this. We appreciate your feedback and would like to follow up with you. Please feel free to send your contact information and details of your experience to AtYourServiceVI@ameristar.com and we would be more than happy to contact you. Thank you for visiting and we do hope you reconsider and continue to be our guest.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

This casino seemed to have all the necessary needs for a little gambling fun. First the buffet was pleasantly adequate, lots a selections to choose from. After that we tried our luck with the slots and roulette, but guess it wasn`t our day. Actually I didn`t see anyone smiling when they left, but can only assume somebody won something! Wonderful view outside...situated right on the eastern bank of the Mississippi river. Will return later to get my money back! Hahaha...

Reviewed February 5, 2013

took a act of congress to get a drink. slots tight and old. liked blues bar a lot . will try a different casino next time

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

I’m so sorry you weren’t happy with your visit. We do refresh our new slots every 90 days so there is always something new for guests to try and play. We appreciate your feedback and hope you give us another try.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is your typical riverboat casino buffet. Overpriced, dirty with rude persons behind the buffet line. Most of the waitresses are friendly and efficient as they are working for tips

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I’m so sorry to hear this. We definitely do not consider this ‘typical’ and apologize if you were not satisfied with our buffet. We always want to provide our guests with a quality experience from all of our team members each time they visit us. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you give us another try.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

The Ameristar casino is the largest one in Vicksburg. We visited the Ameristar, Diamond Jacks and the Riverwalk all on the same day. This was our first time to Vicksburg and these three casinos. We signed up for players cards at all three casinos and the Riverwalk was the only one that gave us a $5.00 credit for signing up along with a great little coupon book offering coupons to not only their own restaurants on the premises but also to other restaurants in the area. The other two casinos didn't offer anything for signing up.

We were not impressed with the Ameristar at all. The casino itself might look fancy but the slots were very tight. If I put a $20 in a penny machine and play a 40 or 50 cent bet I like to be able to play on it for at least 20 minutes or so but not the case here. I'd put $20 in and it was usually gone in 10 minutes. I had that experience at most every machine I played in there except for the $40 I won on a Spartacus machine. I walked in there with $120 and within one hour I was down to $40 and that was just betting 40 cents at a time !!

Also, they had a few of what they were calling "new" machines but those are the machines I've been playing on in the Oklahoma casinos for the past 2 years. I was surprised that a casino of this size had as many old machines as they did. We pretty much had an almost identical experience at Diamond Jacks.

Usually, if I go in a casino and lose my money that fast I never go back. I played the same amount of money at Riverwalk for four hours and left with $40 less than what I came with. I played several machines at the RW that were give and take, give and take for a long time....that's what I like.

We'll never go back to the Ameristar.

Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

I’m sorry you were not satisfied with your first experience at Ameristar. We want all of our guests to enjoy their time with us. We do refresh our new slots every 90 days, but we also keep our guests’ favorites. Now that you have signed up for our Star Awards program, you’ll begin to receive offers for Ameristar based on your play. We appreciate your feedback and do hope you continue to be our guest.