Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
  • Breakfast included
Travel Inn(Vicksburg)
Lady Luck Hotel(Vicksburg)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsacross the streetshuttle busshuttle serviceroom was cleanoutdoor poolwould stay againcheck in was easygood nights sleepnice place to staynon smoking roomfront desk staffhotel roomnew orleansjackpotslotsgamblingmississippi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 30, 2008

I made two trips to the lobby because my key didn't work. One of the front desk staff was more interested in making sure her pizza that she just ordered was correct other than helping me with my key. She had the worst attitude I've ever encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Sissy071
Reviewed December 26, 2007

The rooms have been updated. Modern type of furniture..including flat screen televisions. The duvet on the bed is pretty heavy though.

Casino is across the street, but a complimentary shuttle bus runs between the hotel and casino 24/7.

Restaurants are located at the casino. Herritage buffett (includes crab legs friday and saturday nights), Bourbon Restaurant (moderately priced), and for burgers and such, there is the Bottleneck Blues bar.

With every room, there is complimentary breakfast buffett for 2! Breakfast buffett is at the Heritage Buffett and includes an omlet station! Give Ameristar another try!
**$50 deposit required at check-in.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We booked our hotel online. Once we arrived we found out it wsa the only casino hotel not on the river. It wsa up the hill and across the street from the casino. We found another room at another casino hotel and cancelled ameristar.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed October 12, 2007

After reading the information on their website and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor I booked a room. Oh, My. They lead you to believe you will have a river view...Maybe if you are up on the 10th floor, but down on the first where we stayed, we had a vision of the parking lot. When we entered our room it looked nothing like their website. It was a large room, but the four pieces of furniture, (bed, two side tables, and a dresser) made it look stark. The carpet was shabby, and they had tried to "antique" the furniture by sponging on brown color on the white dresser. The tv couldn't have been any larger than 24". On the plus side, they did say they were renovating the hotel, the complimentary breakfast was good, and the front desk was very helpful

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2007

We stayed one night at this hotel as we were driving from Texas to Florida. It was located just off the highway and the outside of the property looked nice and they quoted us a great military rate at the front desk. They even bumped us up to a "jacuzzi suite". Great! Upon entering the room, we realized we'd made a mistake, but because we had a new born infant and all the bells and whistles one must pack for a baby already upstairs, we just decided to stay. We had a handicapped room, which was fine, except the shower had a bench in it. No problem, I raised the bench to make room for us. The mildew under the bench was horrible. So gross. I felt more dirty after leaving the shower than I did when I got in! The room was overall not very clean and kind of shabby. If this was the jacuzzi suite, I don't want to know what the other rooms were like. on the up side, the front desk staff were great and very nice. I just wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family