“Enjoyable stay”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stay at this hotel once or twice a month. I have always found the room to be clean and comfortable. The desk clerks are always friendly and helpful. I have never had a problem with check in or out. I use the shuttle to go to the casino. It is also clean and very comfortable. The drivers greet you with a friendly comment and a nice smile. I am a 73 year old female and usually travel alone. I chose Ameristar because I feel safe there, in the room, casino and shuttle.

Room Tip: I prefer the first floor or close to the elevator on higher floors.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Gayle G

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed here for a business conference, November 2013. This place is pretty average. Typical hotel room, with beds in the same room (not a suite), clean and comfortable, but could use some major updating. Not much more to say and nothing to rave about. Casino is across the street and not within walking distance, but there is a shuttle bus. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. My only major complaint (which might be just my own preference) is it's one of those hotels where the bathroom sink is NOT in the same room as the actual bathroom. Instead, it's in an open area just outside the bathroom door. This really irritates me and I don't understand the reasoning for building so many hotels this way. From now on, before I stay in any hotel, I'll call ahead and make sure the bathroom is all in one room. Probably just my own preference, but still. This place was just ok.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank jhughey
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stayed for one night on a Thursday. Check in was easy and the room was adequate. Furnishings and fixtures are a bit on the worn side. Tub and sink drain stoppers did not work. Hot water took a while to heat up in the morning. Mattress was comfortable and room was clean. Did not try their shuttle service to the casino and food service across the street. We chose this hotel because it was available for less than the equivalent hotel elsewhere in Vicksburg..but it isn't a luxury experience like you find in some casino hotels.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Toastmaster2D2
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your review. We value your feedback. I'll be sure to pass it along to our team to see where we can improve.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Had been trying for quite some time to book a room here. They are always booked up. This day I called and "surprise'". When we arrived we were greeted with very friendly smiles even though it was about 9:30 at night! The room was really nice. It was also very quiet.We caught the shuttle and went to the casino. The casino has a nice variety of games. On the down side they don't give enough playback ! Even if I don't win I enjoy playing! Makes for a very short night if you can't get playback! We visited the casino once before on a day trip and had the same results, not enough playback!! one that first tip we also ate at the Buffet, Was not very good! But on this trip the food was great! All in all a great trip we will be coming back ! Will have photos on our next visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We we're able to get a good deal on this hotel and it was on our route. To make it short: rooms are old, frontdesk personnel is not friendly & no breakfast.
Only go there if you fancy the Ameristar casino (it has a shuttlebus which takes you to this casino.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 25Monique
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I'm so sorry you feel this way. We want to provide a quality guest experience and service. We do appreciate your feedback and I will pass it along to our team to see where we can improve. Thanks for visiting and we hope you give us another try.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I spent our 15 year Wedding Anniversary (July 2013) at Ameristar Casino Hotel. My husband had never been on previous trips with me to Ameristar and he was truly amazed with the Hotel and all of its great qualities. We had a beautiful room, front desk personnel were most friendly and helpful with any questions that we had about Vicksburg, and the cleanliness of the Hotel was impeccable. We will be making more trips back to Vicksburg and the Ameristar.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monkey6955
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for celebrating with us and for sharing your review. I'm glad you had wonderful trip and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel! Very clean! Must eat dinner @ Rusty's Riverfront Grill which is approx 3 miles away on the river; it was incredible food! I was glad we chose the jacuzzi suite (paid $116). The bed was comfortable but most of all, you can see the river out of your bedroom window.

• Stayed: August 2013