“Let it Ride!”

Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg
Ranked #8 of 30 Hotels in Vicksburg
Reviewed February 9, 2013

When we drove up to this hotel I already knew we would have a good stay. The over-all appearance of the hotel looked good from the outside with ample parking. The hotel is situated just across the street from the Ameristar casino, and has a grand view of the mighty Mississippi river flowing by. The staff was friendly , with a nice lobby, and in-hotel store with a few items you may need like advil, newspapers, snacks, drinks, etc. The hotel itself is only about a 5 minute drive to old downtown Vicksburg. When I go back, I`ll definately stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the river!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Johnny L
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting, Johnny! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I was all set to give this place an excellent until 5:30 AM. I saw a sign in the lobby that said "Complimentary Coffee". I go to the lobby and ask about the coffee and was told that I have a coffee maker in my room. I asked where it was and was told it was in the cabinet below the TV. Now first of all, I don't like to use the coffee makers in the rooms because you don't have any idea what has been put in them. Second, the coffee cups, now you are probably not going to believe this this, are cleaned in the room with the same rage they are wiping everything with. I go back up to the room to make coffee and wash coffee cups. When I run water in them, they start foaming. This lets me know that they had some sort of soap on them. The bag that has the coffee in it has something sticky on it and there are no instructions as to how much water to use. We make the coffee and it is terrible. I end up going down to my car and getting coffee & filters I brought. Later when we go down, They had coffee in the lobby. Why didn't she let me know I was just too early.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RJLee7
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

I'm sorry for the miscommunication regarding your coffee. We do provide a coffee pot with coffee, creamer, and sugar in the credenza in each room as well as in the lobby. Cleanliness is a top priority for us and I apologize if we fell short in any way. The coffee in the lobby is free for guests and is generally ready between 6-7:30am. We appreciate your feedback and do hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

This RV Park is a part of the greater Ameristar Casino and hotel in Vicksburg. Price is amazing given that it is full hook up. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Shuttle bus is a bonus and its close proximity to everything in Vicksburg makes it the best place to stay.

Park is clean, well appointed and has 24 hour security.

Would recommend this park.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GulliverBrisbane
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Thanks for your recommendation! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed two nights at the end of Nov 2012. Rarely have I ever experienced such exceptional service, nor have I stayed in a more comfortable hotel at this very reasonable price point. This hotel may just be my benchmark by which I compare hotels in the future.

I stayed on the top floor in a smoking room. The halls and rooms were very well ventilated and never hazy or overwhelming. Rooms on the 8th floor have much higher ceilings - kinda nice when smokers are usually run out of town or placed in the worst part of the hotel. Thank you, Ameristar, for treating us all equally!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tayinnawin N
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thanks so much for staying with us and for sharing your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your room and service, and we hope you can visit again!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Ameristar hotel is a great place to stay for a Vicksburg gambling or sightseeing vacation. The rooms are clean, spacious and modern. The location is convenient to the interstate and to all Vicksburg attractions. The hotel is not attached to the casino, but a shuttle runs to/from frequently and is free (be sure to tip the driver if you are lucky at the casino!).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank TexasTerry317

I'm glad you had a good vacation and enjoyed your stay. Thanks for sharing your review and for visiting us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stopped at Ameristar on our way to Louisiana. We enjoy going to casinos and planned our travel route and timing to be able to stop here. The staff was courteous and the room was clean and spacious. We would have liked a room with a view of the river, but none were available. The shuttles to the casino came about every 10 minutes 24 hours a day. The casino was fun, but very tight the night we went. We ate at the deli type restaurant at the casino and it was very good. There was no breakfast in the hotel, but coffee was available. I was pleased with our one night stay and would have liked to stayed longer to see Vicksburg.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Aly H
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Aly, thanks for sharing your review and for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit. Bella's Bakery & Cafe, located in our casino, serves breakfast daily from 7-11am. We hope you can visit again and experience more of Vicksburg!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

First the good- the rooms were clean and the staff was excellent !! I was disappointed there was no stopper in the bathtub of our second room. Overall the experience was okay. Rachel and Lemetric at the sign in desk were grand. and when we dcided to stay an extra night - the transfer was good and efficient. Now for some things that I did not care for: The casino, lounge, and restaurant are not on site with the hotel. And the drive to them is about a block away.. When we visited- it was raining hard and this was a problem.
The battle field is great and well worth the three hour drive to those who have an interest in things of that nature.
The best restaurant is... I can't remember the name, but it has Walnut in the name- a big house that has been converted to a great place to eat.
I would go back - but probably stay elsewhere - all tho the rates were more than reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Nancy H
Cara M, Social Media Coordinator at Ameristar Casino Hotel Vicksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Nancy. I'll be sure to pass your compliments along to Rachel and Lemetric. I’m sorry for any inconvenience in getting to the casino during the rain. Next time be sure to catch a ride on our free shuttle from the hotel to the casino and restaurants, it makes stops every 15 minutes and runs 24/7.