We stayed 2 nights. The Inn is worn down but it was ok for us. We aren't a couple that complains about much. Flipped on the sink area light and 1 bulb out of 3 wasn't working. I was shocked to see a glob of poo hanging under the toilet seat which just means the cleaning person tried to get away with not cleaning it. Everything "looked" clean other than that. The a/c cooled the room down nicely. The curtains were messed up because they're so old. We noticed that in other rooms, too. The caulking around the tub was cracked.The lamps worked but was leaning and loose where the bulb goes. Kinda scary. Husband was excited to see a ceiling fan but was disappointed when the lights worked but no string to turn the blades on. The bed and pillows were fine. The mattress was encased in a protective cover then had a pad over that and then a sheet.The pool looked clean and was very big. We parked our motorcycle in the back near our room. The back of the Inn leaves A LOT to be desired. There was an old mobile home with a a shed at the back of the parking lot. Looked like they built rooms on one side of the building and threw tin on the top maybe for maintenance equipment or something. Had to be careful walking down the sidewalk for spider webs. The whole thing needs updating badly and cleaning up inside and out. Breakfast was good and hot. We paid $154 for 2 nights. We were penny pinching this trip so couldn't complain too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Battlefield Inn has it all with authentic plantation columns, charming southern lobby with fireplace and player piano, over 250 birds depicted in Audubon prints thoughout, well appointed guest rooms with 3 FREE movie channels, hairdryers, irons, ironing boards in all rooms, refrigerators, microwaves and steam/jacuzzi tubs in some rooms, FREE evening cocktails and FREE hot buffet style breakfast, FREE mini-golf and basketball goal, courtyard pool with barbeque grill, Meeting Rooms seating up to 600 with catering facilities, close to all historic attractions, next to the National Military Park, close to gaming casinos, Jacques Cafe with nightly specials and the best steaks from Memphis to New Orleans and Dallas to Atlanta. Steak dinner drawing each evening, FREE pull on the one-arm bandit upon check in. On site guest laundry. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Battlefield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Battlefield Hotel Vicksburg
- Battlefield Motel Vicksburg
- Battlefield Inn Vicksburg